ID:260925

No one actually fills out the templates correctly on BYOND Help, either because they're too stupid, or just don't care / put enough effort into it.

Perhaps it should auto detect if BYOND is installed, and have the BYOND Pager grab a list of system specifications, as well as what programs they have installed, and a list of other such things.
What if I'm filing out a bug report and I'm not on my PC that has BYOND installed for whatever reason?
In response to Moonlight Memento
Well, it outfills if it's available, currently. I presume Flame Sage is looking for the existing functionality in the bug tracker to be ported to BYOND Help.
In response to Stephen001
Why is BYOND needed to be installed to auto-detect the person's OS and such? And why would BYOND ever need to know what other programs you have installed?
It's the browser interface that BYOND installs that the website uses to grab OS information I believe. Browser version obviously comes from the browser itself.
Moonlight Memento wrote:
Why is BYOND needed to be installed to auto-detect the person's OS and such? And why would BYOND ever need to know what other programs you have installed?

Because the actual "help" over at BYOND Help has all but ceased because people are too ignorant to fill out a simple template!