ID:260926

http://www.byond.com/games/Cowed/Cowed

The entry was moved to "pending" status for no apparent reason and I saw a comment on it by Warlord Fred claiming the game is a rip-off of another game.

I don't like this! Was this an automated process, or did someone change it? If it was changed, I'd like to know why this was done.
It is a rip off. It's almost a direct copy (Not code-wise, but game mechanic and graphic wise) of Cow RP.

You're even using graphics (and ideas) I came up with years ago without my permission.

The peoples republic of china wrote:
It is a rip off. It's almost a direct copy (Not code-wise, but game mechanic and graphic wise) of Cow RP.

You're even using graphics (and ideas) I came up with years ago without my permission.

That doesn't change the fact that it's not a "rip". You could call it a fan-game, even though it kind of isn't, and it'd still be able to be displayed. I don't necessarily like what Cowed did with the graphics and ideas, but I don't think it's deserving of rip status because all it took was graphics and ideas. Lots of BYOND games take graphics from other games, and using ideas from another game is not an issue at all. The game's programming is original, and that's really what sets it apart from rips and makes it a arguably decent game in itself.
In response to Fugsnarf
If they did that, then it would invalidate Tom's response to games that are ported from other systems (NES, SNES, GBC)
In response to Flame Sage
I don't understand. What was his response?
In response to Fugsnarf
He said that those specific type of games were allowed on the Hub, but not allowed to be featured.
Yeah, I'm not saying Cow RP should be featured specifically for the reason that it's based off of another game in most aspects. However, with how it is, it can't be classified as a true "rip".
Which, if they aren't featured, severely hampers potential players.