ID:260934

I just posted this feature request, except right now it has 0 votes.

The default sort is by votes. Does this mean my feature request will end up ignored? I don't think it should since it seems rather easy to implement, but if it won't get noticed because of the default sort then how am I ever supposed to get people to vote for it other than manually asking strangers?

Just wondering,
-D
I was wondering the same thing. In fact since all of the features are added in a open It is kind of hard to find new features and features that just don't have any comments unless you are looking at the dates.
I believe Lummox JR said that Tom and him go through all new requests/bug reports and at least read them (even if they don't respond to every single one).

If you're asking how other voters are supposed to find it, well they should search for it if they run into the same problem. And if they are looking for things to vote on without any specific problem in mind, hopefully they would be smart enough to sort by date to keep track of new requests.

In your case, I would suggest making a blog post about what you're creating, and asking people to support it by voting for your feature request.
I notice you didn't vote for your own feature request.

Speaking of votes, what happens if you vote for one then your membership runs out? Is your vote retracted or does it just remain there until the feature is added?
We read all feature requests.
I keep an eye on the activity sort, so I do see new requests.

Lummox JR
I wish the default sort would go back to newest request. Users don't need to see what's already popular, only the BYOND developers do.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
I notice you didn't vote for your own feature request.

Speaking of votes, what happens if you vote for one then your membership runs out? Is your vote retracted or does it just remain there until the feature is added?

It just sits there. It uses the same system as yea/nay on blog posts, where the votes don't expire.

Lummox JR
In response to Airjoe
I wish it'd remember which sort we last used.
In response to Murrawhip
Or maybe give a default option for a sort.