ID:260991

I sit here, Drafting this topic from the iPhone that I got over the holidays. I am often away from my laptop, so it makes sense that others are too. One thing which I'm sure has been discussed many a time before is the adoption of a new Byond development software, compatible with iOS, Android, ect operating systems. This would require an entirely new UI setup as far as games go, due to the fact that we do not have arrow keys. This would logically have to be an entirely new design, a variant version of Dream Maker to support the touch screen input, sliding, tapping, ect. I don't expect in even the distant future for this to fruition. I just think that it would be so terribly useful. Just a thought.
Best you're gonna get right now is the upcoming Flash client. I don't know if iOS supports Flash at all, but I know Android does.
In response to Nadrew
iOS does not support Flash. There were talks of it eventually moving over after Steve Jobs died (he was primarily the only reason Flash never went on the phones), but then Adobe decided to stop supporting the continuation of Flash clients "in support" of HTML5.
In response to CauTi0N
Then I guess the iOS people will be waiting a while longer then =P
In response to CauTi0N
Well, to be perfectly honest, I would have rather had an android phone than an iPhone. I hate Apple, they restrict anything you can do on their phones or computers to other Apple products. They shun everything else that isn't under their regime. I hope that the death of Jobs will spark some sane leadership in the corporation.
In response to Solomn Architect
I guess you have never heard of jailbreaking?

And Android has limitations, depending which carrier / mobile handset you have .. unless you "root" it...
In response to Nadrew
As the currently supported HTML5 draft supports just about every basic function of flash(aside from stage align), and there are currently a few dozen programs(I suggest Swiffy by Google) to convert flash to HTML5, it doesn't have to be too long a wait~

Edit: *supports just about every basic function at a slower speed and with quite a bit more work..
In response to A.T.H.K
I have however I never thought of it when I got my iPhone.
Solomn Architect wrote:
I have however I never thought of it when I got my iPhone.

You will poo bricks...

Anyway if BYOND was to get anything like this first step would be to make the website mobile friendly yes?
In response to A.T.H.K
That would indeed be nice...
What about beyond support on an android tablet? Is it possible to play beyond on one?
In response to Animekid09
Animekid09 wrote:
What about beyond support on an android tablet? Is it possible to play beyond on one?

BYOND *
In response to A.T.H.K
If your device supports flash then you should be able to play BYOND once flash client is out, and as long as game creator assumes you don't have keyboard.