ID:2610705

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Does anyone know how to move a mob slower than 1 when using pixel movement? I have created a diagonal movement system which works just fine using the walk(src,3) built in code to move my character. Then when I want the character to strafe while firing a beam, I slow the players speed down with walk(src,1), which also works pretty good. However, the beam firing continuously from the moving players location is a little off. If I knew a simple way 2 move the player just a hair slower, the firing beam would look just right coming from the player as he/she is strafing. I have tried using sleep(1). But this causes the player to stop moving for a fraction of a second between movements, creating a jerky transition. I want the players movement while strafing to look more smooth. I've also used decimals such as walk(src,0.1), but it actually makes the player move faster while shooting. Anyone have any simple ideas how 2 slow down the player when moving and still make the movement look smooth?
Best response
Decimals are supposed to work. What exactly is the code you're moving the player with? The second argument of walk() is the direction, not the step size.