ID:2613693

I've had this idea for a while to create a rpg based on Avatar and started to learn code to create it of course my skills are subpar so i was looking for any fans of the series that are willing to help me map out a full Avatar game. ATLA/LOK base idea of course starting with the first avatar an then just world build up to the LOK Era. if anyone is interested please let me know and I'll tell you all the ideas i have and if you have anything to add feel free to let me know. The concept I've come up with will make this a top tier game but it takes a village and I haven't coded enough nor made any games to truly impellent anything so help would be reassuring.
Just FYI: This sort of post makes it extremely unlikely for any competent individual to want to join your cause.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Just FYI: This sort of post makes it extremely unlikely for any competent individual to want to join your cause.

help me out then. where should i go or what should i post besides just starting it again myself and posting updates until people come along
In response to Yort168
Yort168 wrote:
help me out then. where should i go or what should i post besides just starting it again myself and posting updates until people come along

Well, you really sold yourself short. You said yourself that you haven't coded enough to implement anything. Sounds like you're asking someone else to do all the work!

Also, using someone else's IP will be a turn-off for many people. Maybe you have some cool concepts but you're stealing ideas from Avatar either way. This is not very moral, and it will make some hobbyist developers and all professional ones steer clear of your project. It's one thing if you make a similar story line, there's a million stories about four elements and a chosen one. But as soon as you put the Avatar name on it, it's called a rip... and for good reason.

Finally, your project is too big. It already sounds like a massive open world RPG. That does take a village, and if it's gonna be successful the villagers have to know what they are doing. It's great that you started learning - but don't expect to team up with people who are well above your skill level. If you can find someone equally noob as you, great, you can learn together. But you're not going to make a "top-tier" game first try. Or second try. It takes years of practice unless you're a savant. You need to have some ability that you can prove to others before you can make a team.