ID:26228

Squeegy wrote:

Step-by-step:

1. cmd
2. ipconfig
3. Memorize the router IP and your personal IP >(192.168.#.#)
4. Goto Router IP on browser
5. Depending on router, click Advanced.
6. Click Activated, and fill out the fields. The >Private and Public port will be the ports you host >with. Select Both. Click OK.
7. Host! If you didn't see Advanced, contact me at >[email protected], I'll lead you through the >process.

So I do step 4, and it gets a problem loading the page. Its not my connection because everything is just fine. Is there anything wrong with the way I'm doing it? This: (note that I replaced the last 2 ports with pound symbols)

http://192.168.#.#/

returns this:

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.#.#.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Why are you hiding those numbers we can't do anything with it.

Its most likley you picked the ip the router gives you instead of the router..

What type is it..?
Its most likley you picked the ip the router gives you instead of the router..

I'm not sure if thats a typo or not, can you rephrase that?

And my router is a LinkSysWRT54G.
Oh, and I used the ip address that came up when typing in ipconfig to the command prompt.
linksys ip is http://192.168.1.1
192.168.*.* is your internal IP address.

This IP address is your identification on a network. There is nothing any one can do with it.

For instance
laptop: 192.168.1.15
Router: 192.168.1.1
Access Point: 192.168.1.2
Desktop 1: 192.168.1.11

etc.

I don't know much about a Linksys. Take a screen shot of the PortForward page and let me see it, I'll see if I can tell you anything about it.

Otherwise: www.portforward.com
Linksys routers can't be config'd. Plain and simple. You'll fuck up your network before you host.
BigBoiD wrote:
Linksys routers can't be config'd. Plain and simple. You'll fuck up your network before you host.

Uhh why can i host teamspeak byond savage webservers mysql servers private emulated servers.

Think before you post silly.
BigBoiD wrote:

Wrong. I did before. Please, get more knowledge before you post.
One more thing. I try to authenticate the access, and it asks for the USERNAME (which I never made) and password (which I did make) and now I can't log on. Anyone know what the default username is?
:( I go to the http://IP and get stuck cause I don't know my password. Any help?
I think default is generally "admin" and the password is left blank.
Linksys i think its username:Admin pass:Admin or username:Admin pass:password
BigBoiD wrote:

The fuck are you talking about? Any router can be configured.