usr.overlays += /obj/Z_Zangetsu //here
sleep(30)
usr.overlays -= /obj/Z_Zangetsu //here
usr.overlays += 'new ichibankai(1)(1).dmi'
usr.overlays += 'ichigobankai.dmi'
usr.attack = usr.mattack * 1.25
usr.rundelay = 0

Problem description:Unusual problem I'm having. For some reason it wont add Z_Zangetsu at all (market with //here). Would one of you provide me with a solution to this problem? and in this situation it would be sleep(30) not spawn(30) right?

instead of
sleep(30)

try this
           usr.overlays += 'file name.dmi'
usr.overlays += 'file name.dmi'
sleep(30)
usr.overlays -= 'file name.dmi'
usr.overlays -= 'file name.dmi'
heh if you use sleep(30) it means after 15 seconds and if you use spawn(30) it means after 3 seconds also use new/obj/Z_Zangetsu >.> and if that dont work post the errorr name that should be help

...:::Pirata Inmortal:::...
In response to Pirata Inmortal
Pirata i've noticed alot of your replies are usually rude or contain faces that intend to make the person feel stupid... plz dont do that it makes ppl angry then makes em give up on the code completely...if not that then it makes them not want to reply to u ever
Edit:
also your wrong.....
its sleep(30) = 3 seconds
spawn(30) = 30 seconds
In response to Choka
Rofl i dont mind about other guys feeling bc ALOT of ppl hurts me and i usually insult them WHEN their errorr/errorrs are STUPID o yea... ppl usually offends me when i get codeing erorrs and when i fix someone else errors/errorr them just says THANKS and stuff like that >.>
In response to Choka
sleep() and spawn() both measure time in ticks - tenths of seconds. sleep(30) and spawn(30) denote the same length of time. The difference between sleep() and spawn() is that spawn() creates a new thread of processing, allowing two or more things to happen "at the same time." (not really, but close enough).
so what your saying is .. its okay for ppl to annoy u ?...
if so than that means ur kool with me cursing at u like u did that one dude n u got inspected by a moderator?
i didnt rly think so
In response to Choka
Choka wrote:
so what your saying is .. its okay for ppl to annoy u ?...
if so than that means ur kool with me cursing at u like u did that one dude n u got inspected by a moderator?
i didnt rly think so

just give me an example where i cursed someone .__. i just called some guys "genius" its just sarcastic NOT an insult
just says THANKS and [stuff] like that >.>

Pirata, swearing is against our community standards. Please be more careful with your choice of words in the future, I'm getting tired of editing them out.
You and choka are both idiots giving out misinformation, stop that.

if you dont know how long sleep(30) and spawn(30) is for then your an incredibly inexperienced programmer and should not be giving responses to code problems.
In response to Masterdan
heh that be wrong 1 or 2 times dont care

im not an inexperienced programmer i can code java,dm and c++
Doesn't mean you're good at it. You obviously aren't too great with DM, based on the responses I've seen you make.
In response to Masterdan
actually mines was correct :)
i replied sleep(30) = 3 seconds
spawn(30) = 30 seconds
In response to Choka
Choka wrote:
actually mines was correct :)
i replied sleep(30) = 3 seconds
spawn(30) = 30 seconds

spawn proc
See also:
background setting (proc)
sleep proc
Format:
spawn(Delay=0) Statement
Args:
Delay: The amount of time (in 1/10 seconds) before Statement is executed.

sleep proc
Format:
sleep(Delay)
Args:
Delay: The amount of time to sleep, in 1/10 seconds.

As Gathor has mentioned, they both are measured the same, hence spawn(30) and sleep(30) both wait for the same amount of time (3 seconds) before proceeding. The difference is that you create a new processing thread with spawn(), where as sleep() acts as a pause in the current function that it was called in.
In response to Pyro_dragons
i dont mind MOST of the answers i gave here works perfectly that prove i can code dm and i made a java game so that proves i code java

plz stop messing with me, im getting tired of you-.-
In response to Hassifa
thanks :) i was wondering why my flame fortress technique code only lasted a few seconds @_@
Pirata Inmortal wrote:
i dont mind MOST of the answers i gave here works perfectly that prove i can code dm and i made a java game so that proves i code java

plz stop messing with me, im getting tired of you-.-

Java and C++ are not hard, they teach that to complete noobs who have never programmed before in highschool. :/
In response to Masterdan
yeah i've never seen like a picture of Java C+ or C++ code before n i wanna see wat it looks like xD
can anyone show me
EDIT
o nevermind i searched it xD
EDIT again
Holy crap @_@ C and C++ look very hard o.o
In response to Choka
its C++ >.> not C+ or C
In response to Masterdan
C++ is very hard- it's just the basics that look simple.
Page: 1 2