ID:2641903

(See the best response by Magicsofa.)
Problem description:

When I host my game through Dream Daemon, my savefiles will automatically load in before the Login proc runs. This results in your character already being in the game world in a playable state, with the options to load or start a new game still being offered. No problems happen if you select load, and you can continue normally, but choosing to start a new game will result in you essentially having a new character printed over your old. Stats, your name, and so on are changed due to them being determined during character creation, however player items, skills, and vars not touched during character creation remain intact.

This doesn't happen when I run the game directly through Dream Maker, and I have no idea what would be causing this to happen.
Best response
Mobs don't just reset on their own: If you've already connected the player client to a mob and then gave it items, your character creation code needs to get rid of those (or give the player a new mob entirely).

I don't know why DD vs DS (Dream Seeker, the client - Maker is the IDE) would make a difference either. Need to see the relevant code - whatever is involved saving, loading, and creation.
Well, I still have no idea what's wrong, but whatever it was, throwing a del(src) into the logout proc fixed it.
When you fail to delete a player's mob when they logout, they'll automatically reconnect to that mob when they log back in. This is a feature of how the "key" variable works.