ID:2643083

This week was supposed to see a refocus on 514, but of course when you're working on a short schedule is when things tend to go sideways. 513.1537 last week had a fix in it that managed to break some other things, and when I put out 1538 early this week it uncovered still more problems that had slipped through testing.

While I was fixing that issue I also attended to some other bugs that had piled up. There were some really odd ones lying around regarding #define macro behavior, which was parsing some things incorrectly. I fixed a couple of those as well as some no one knew about (raw strings apparently still had some parsing problems, but I didn't document the fix), and then just before I went to release last night, I discovered the fixes somehow broke a codebase from SS13 that I used to run a test compile. So that meant more fixing, and it also means that last night's release of 513.1539 is technically a Friday release. Hopefully that won't bite me in the butt.

My 514 priorities ahead mainly are getting documentation ready for a bunch of things, and probably also adding attractors and repulsors for particles. A world projection matrix might not be a bad idea either, for particles using three dimensions. As much as I would love some kind of primitive collision system, that turns out to be super complicated and would make more sense as a followup feature.

I'm still targeting January, as early in the year as I can manage, for the 514 beta release.

I want to extend my deepest thanks to all those who've supported BYOND this year, especially lately. Our Members, Patrons, and SubscribeStar subs all help keep the lights on, and I'm grateful for all of you.

Christmas is nearly upon us! That means of course lots of last-minute gifts to buy and presents to wrap. I used to be a wrapping paper hoarder, but it seems last year we went through it all and now I have to buy more. (Pro tip: Always buy Holiday Time paper if you can. It's not thin or chintzy and it has grid lines on the back. #notsponsoredyet) Next week will be a short week so you'll see all the news on Wednesday. In the meantime have a great weekend and get that shopping done while you still can!