ID:2644067

It's almost time to kiss 2020 goodbye! And by "kiss" I mean shove into its own dumpster fire and watch it burn.

This week I was able to get back to 514 stuff, mainly focused on getting some documentation in for particle foo, even though that's still slightly in flux, and also working on some related code to shore that up or make it better.

As a side project I've been working a bit on what a more robust version of editable maptext would look like for input/output directly on the map, and while it's still early days I honestly think this is an important thing to keep working on. For one thing, it'll help games get away from the concept of going nuts with skin design in ways that hurt performance.

And, well, that's it for this week, really, because it's been such a short one. Looking ahead to the new year, I want to get 514 into beta in January, and preferably early in January if I can swing it.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who's contributed to BYOND this year through Membership, donation, or via other platforms like Patreon or SubscribeStar. Your support keeps the lights on and I'm grateful for it. For those who haven't chipped in, it doesn't take much and it makes a big difference, so I hope you'll join in.

Now the Christmas break is upon us! I'll still be around, but I don't plan on doing any major code work unless a mood strikes me. Christmas is almost here, and next week is the time for binging TV and gorging on snacks! But however and whatever you celebrate, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays, and all of humanity a prosperous and healthy new year.
Lummox JR wrote:
editable maptext would look like for input/output directly on the map

awesome
Thanks Lummox for keeping the site alive, just renewed my membership for another 5 years. Still using BYOND quite a bit (most of it non-game or BYOND site related, actually!) - and its actually going to help me with a project I'm starting in the new year...

I will update games sometime, I promise D:
The javascript interface I got working this other day might be counting its days then. Hate js, hate 2020. Glad they are soon ending their lifetime.