ID:264790

I'm working on debugging one of my games and this issue seems to be the primary cause of a crash. I'm fairly certain that it has to do with the savefile system, as it only crashes upon login/logout, where a character is saved.

This time I decided to open it up in Visual Studio 2010 to get some debug messages, and this one popped up. Something within the saves is not writing properly, and keeps trying until eventually causing a stack overflow, crashing the game.

It's using Deadron's Character Handling Library for saving. What could be a cause here? Something null that shouldn't be? Or something writing out of bounds or boundaries?

Unhandled exception at 0x76b11294 in dreamdaemon.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.

Unhandled exception at 0x7606d227 in dreamdaemon.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00090ffc.

//Orphan savefile buffer '' found on Tue Sep 07 21:11:17 2010

//End of exported data.

That last one is from the savefile lost textfile.
hmm its hard to tell if its actually originating from the save file without a code snippet to accompany the way your saving. although it is likely.

Edit your post and include a code snippet and im sure one of the power developers could resolve this for you.
In response to Midgetbuster
Like I said, I'm using Deadron's Character Handling Library. I'd have to post the entire library, nearly, for you to see it. It's easier to simply download it and take a look.
In response to Pyro_dragons
Arr i was under the impression that you may have changed it or something, if its untouched then =\
I don't think putting it on trusted makes will make a difference, but I guess I can try it tomorrow.
It will on Unix because people don't have permission to access things by default. Trusted "gives" them permission to access the files they need. It's not the same on windows.
Still no luck with this one. Trusted mode doesn't make a difference, it still crashes with similar errors (the player trying to save is different).

Any one have any ideas?