ID:265056

Perhaps I can contribute to this tutorial and introduction stage by making a music library. Could this be good?

What kind of music would you like? How would you want the library to be?

Ideas are so welcome!

/Gazoot
What kind of music would you like? How would you want the library to be?

Well, think of all of the different genres. Here's just a small generic list:

• Foreboding Music; melancholy or slightly frightening of a classical sort, high volume and "powerful" - would be good for dramatic games, realtime strategy, and for fantasy RPGs with a dangerous theme
  • Heavy Music; lots of drums and electrical instruments - good for action games and realtime strategy
  • Mysterious music; wind and string instruments - excellent for RPGs (or possibly Living&Dead-like games), not much good for other genres
  • Jazz. Perfect for any sort of puzzle game.

You should probably start with any fantasy-ish music, though. That's what BYOND is aimed at, after all.

Side Note: Do you still make songs for other people besides DDT (outside of this library, of course)? I'm beginning to track MIDI myself, but it always comes out sounding slightly, erm, odd.
In response to Spuzzum
On 11/30/00 2:12 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Well, think of all of the different genres. Here's just a small generic list:
[Snip]

Thank you, now I have some inspiration. Too bad I'm busy with my studies right now. Well, in a couple of weeks it should be better.

You should probably start with any fantasy-ish music, though. That's what BYOND is aimed at, after all.

Yep, I already made some fantasy tunes. I will make a world where you can listen and comment some songs.

Side Note: Do you still make songs for other people besides DDT (outside of this library, of course)? I'm beginning to track MIDI myself, but it always comes out sounding slightly, erm, odd.

Of course, anything for a BYONDer! Only thing is that it might take some time, as I said. Mail me if you have a music idea.

/Gazoot