In response to Spuzzum
Wow, this is the first time I've seen someone anywhere in a while, that agrees with me that the fact is....graphics mean [nothing] to a game. I dont care if the game is differently colored SQUARES as long as the game is good, I'll like it, It needs good gameplay and story, and its good, I dont care one way or the other if its good looking or not.
In response to Spuzzum
Two, people are stupid. Graphics don't really matter -- you shouldn't influence your decisions based on what "people" want, but rather what "you" want, just so long as you don't alienate everyone. =)

Heh I don't know the graphical mode in ZAngband is plain awful since the icons are too hard and it makes it real hard to tell some items and monsters apart and sometimes I end up missing entierly that something is on a tile. Though in text mode everything is all nice and clear and there are no issues like this :). So I'd say graphics are only bad when they make the game harder to play simply because they are actually that bad :P. Which is why it's best to go with a more iconic rather than realistic style for most cases.
In response to Metroid
It needs good gameplay and story, and its good, I dont care one way or the other if its good looking or not.

Don't get me started :P.
In response to Theodis
How would I be getting you started? I only stated a simple fact. Not only that, both of those are included in my games.
What are slimes?
In response to DeathAwaitsU
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
What are slimes?
In response to Artekia
How about...Blobs ? or maybe..Goops, =p
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
What are slimes?

This is a rather impulsive post. SLIMES are blobs of DOOM that can gobble you up with their bodies. I mean, they are balls of slime, in Dragon Warrior they are spheres and loved by all, like a Poring in RO.
What are slimes?

Like a slime mold. Provides decent nutrition in the nethack and angband games :).
In response to Metroid
They remind me a lot of unwrapped Hershey's Kisses. :)
In response to Sarm
Yeah, I guess your right.
Page: 1 2