ID:265285

slimes? =/ I can't decide, really... Slimes are so much more fun, but it would look better with people...
Slimes:
People:
Thanks for helping x_X

[Edit] Added "are" after the second "Slimes".
[Edit] I'll just edit this part with the results :P
[Edit]Wrong forum =/, so I just changed the title. :P (Thanks whoever moved it.)
Slimes forever!
Why on earth is slimes the other race? I just can't see what you could do with "slimes", based on the stereotypical slime in RPGs.

Or is this dragonwarrior fan stuff?
In response to Kunark
*cough*Kind of, except NEW classes*cough*
Meh, I'll go with humans. :O
In response to Hell Ramen
Humans!? How dare you? Slime is obvious superior to humans.
In response to Artekia
=/ People will probably think I was copying Metroid... and I want to try to do something original... =/
No excuse :-P. Slimes > Humans. It's a fact.
In response to Artekia
Artekia wrote:
No excuse :-P. Slimes > Humans. It's a fact.
I also had bad pun for the classes.
Slimage
Slimite
Sliminer
Etc.
That depends. Apples or thermonuclear warheads?
In response to Garthor
I like apples.
:O
I dont really get it. Its ur game, and there is and idea arround it. Why dont you just pick the type of characters that fits your idea? If u want it realistic u take humans and if u wanna make some fantasy thingie u take slimes.

There is nothing better or worse cuz making a character look like a slime or human wont affect the way you program em, they still can do exactly the same.

Maybe good idea to program first using the text mode and then fit the grafics to the gameplay?

I dunno, many people here on byond think grafics is all u need and tend to make grafics and maps first and then decide to add some gameplay.
Result: Crappy game.

No offence to all people that started off with grafics and made a good game.
In response to Fint
Fint wrote:
I dont really get it. Its ur game, and there is and idea arround it. Why dont you just pick the type of characters that fits your idea? If u want it realistic u take humans and if u wanna make some fantasy thingie u take slimes.

There is nothing better or worse cuz making a character look like a slime or human wont affect the way you program em, they still can do exactly the same.

Maybe good idea to program first using the text mode and then fit the grafics to the gameplay?

I dunno, many people here on byond think grafics is all u need and tend to make grafics and maps first and then decide to add some gameplay.
Result: Crappy game.

No offence to all people that started off with grafics and made a good game.

=/ I know, but people hate games with bad graphics. And I like Slimes, because I can easily customize them... so, it's Slimes... =/ I like them.
=/ I know, but people hate games with bad graphics. And I like Slimes, because I can easily customize them... so, it's Slimes... =/ I like them.

Well, here's two facts:

One, bad graphics are bad graphics, whether they're misshapen blobs or badly-drawn humans. If you're concerned about graphics, you should be signing on a proficient artist -- lots of folks do it for free.

Two, people are stupid. Graphics don't really matter -- you shouldn't influence your decisions based on what "people" want, but rather what "you" want, just so long as you don't alienate everyone. =)
Elves, darn it! Or something fey.
I want magic! ;_;
In response to Roara
Roara wrote:
Elves, darn it! Or something fey.
I want magic! ;_;
*Cough*Slimage*cough*
:D
I haven't read the other posts, but slimes seem to be really over done around here so I vote for people.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
I haven't read the other posts, but slimes seem to be really over done around here so I vote for people.
There's about 2 games on Byond(that are submitted) that are TRULY based on slimes.
But about all the "MMORPG"'s have them.
In response to Dession
I think he means the main characters and stuff, and as far as I know, the only TRUE and GOOD game that has Slimes as like Main characters is Slime Journey, made by me =D
If you were to copy me, I'd mutualate you! j/k =D But I haven't seen something like my game...well ever on Byond. Until well it came out.
Page: 1 2