ID:265292

Well, it won't be Massivley Multiplayer, since I doubt people would like it, but...

Skills
Each Class gets different skills(Basic MMORPG).
But, a twist, later in the game you can change classes, still containing everything from the last class, except the stats. 1/3 of your stats are gone. Your EXP will stay the same.

Leveling Up
Every level up, there will be a choice, to:
"Normal Level-Up"
Get 4 Battle points, pretty basic, going to want to do this unless you don't care about stats.

"Gamble"
The higher luck you have, the better this is.
With decent luck, you'll get around 2-5 Battle Points per level. With GREAT luck, you'll get around 3-7 battle points per level. Only a few classes should focus on luck, though. As of, luck only helps with Gold Gain and Battle Point. You'd want to spend your stats on Equipment.

Stats
Spend your Battle Points on:
Luck -- Already Explained
Vitality -- Raises HP and Defense
Dexterity -- Raises Agility, faster attacks. Needed to equip bows, and other fast-paced weapons.
Intelligence -- Raises Spell power, needed to read some spell books.
Power -- Needed to equip heavy swords, such as Broad Swords. Also Armor.

You distribute battle points to raise stats.

Equipment
"Weapons and Armor"
Each piece of Equipment will have...
Level Requirement
Power Requirement
Dexterity Requirement

Dexterity won't be used on early on armor and weapons.
Each weapon has a durability, the strong weapons will have a lower Durability, make sure to have them repaired often, or they will break, doing Half Damage.

"Pendants and Rings"
Pendants and Rings require high levels and intelligence. Some MAY require luck to work well. But, they can go up to raising all stats by 5. These are used for Gemming.

Items
As always, Healing Potions and Stamina Sold in store, Mana are rare.
Spell Books are used to gain more knowledge in a skill, such as Fire. Spell books require High Intelligence.

Gemming

"Weapons"
Gemming can raise a weapon's Power. But, it cuts their durability in half, you can gem up to 8 times, but, each time, there is a chance of the weapon breaking.

"Armor"
Gemming can increase Armor's power. Gemming cuts the durability in half. Armor has HIGH durability, so, this is kind of a bad idea to do this. But, your defense is multiplied by 2.

---------
That's all I can think of for a good MMORPG. =/
Is this a good idea?
At the risk of sounding dumb:
HUH?
Are you asking for suggestions, providing a roadmap of what you plan to develop, or what?
Half the stuff in your post makes little or no sense to me (For example: battle points? I assume this is a twist on the traditional "kill stuff" experience).

I guess I just don't get what kind of input you are looking for....
In response to Jmurph
Erm, crud, didn't explain that.
Battle Points, are used to Raise Stats. As in, you have 5 Stats, 4 Battle Points, completely customizable.
[Edit]I also forgot to mention, "Does this idea sound good?"
_>
I'm going to go add it
In response to Hell Ramen
Well, if you are going to add it, then it doesn't really matter if we like it, does it ;-) Personally, I am not very fond of level based systems, especially those that focus on numerical point awards from combat. That being said, many very successful games have followed that formula, so they can certainly work. Good luck!
In response to Jmurph
hi hell rammen (i think i spelled that right) you helped me with my coding and i realy like your idea. though i needed help with coding i am a fairly good icon artist and would like to offer my services to you.

In response to SSj-Naimad
=/ I don't need help... yet. I believe I've got my icons under control. Tell me if you need any help, though. :P
In response to Hell Ramen
can i help with something i know you are a master coder but i think i would have better coding skills if i could "watch"
someone code a game from the ground up.
In response to SSj-Naimad
Well this is the new style for players leveling up I have started to do for a Online RPG Ive been kind of working on.

There are your normal stats like HP and MP and whatever, then there is what I call your level stats. These stats are things like durbillty, concentration, ect. These stats decide what bonuses you get when you level up.

For example when a player has a Durbility of 12, theyll get 12+ more HP per level.

When a player FIRST starts a new save file, all of their level stats are at 1. They are then given 20 points to "Adjust" the stats on how they would like.

After you adjust these stats, they will never be able to adjust them again, you are stuck with them. Some special equipment will let you temp. raise them, but not forever.

2 of the level stats wont give you any bonuses at all, these are Critical Chance and Defense. The points you put into them, will totally decided what they will be for the entire game, give or take a temp bonus from equipment.
In response to Shades
Sounds like my game.
Except now...
Strength adds to weight
Vitality adds to HP and Defense
Agility adds to speed and a higher chance of not getting hit
Intelligence is higher spell power and MP.
Luck adds to Critical hits and raises the chances of "Gamble", and other skills of workage.

That's my idea. =/
And each stat adds around 1.05 - 1.15 the base route. That's a lot if you think of it.
EX:
100 vit is 105-115 HP. If your a Swordsman, instant 20 VIT at the start, and 12 BP points. =/
Each class gets 12 BP points to start off with. They're better then normal level like things. Because they raise your stats by like, .50 more. =/ That's still good.
EX:
VIT Knight = Like, no damage. They can already equip the toughest armor. Horid attack.

I like to limit stats though, only 50 Class Levels of BP Points. Thus meaning only 200 BP points. =/ So, it's not a good idea to focus on one stat.