ID:2653156

Resolved
Eye gliding was broken in newer movement modes.
BYOND Version:514.1545
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:BYOND's Browser (IE 9?)
Applies to:Dream Daemon & Dreem Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The client does not glide. It jumps from tile to tile. If client.eye is set to a mob, that there mob will try desperately to catch up as the client, disappointed in the prospects that its mob have been afforded in life, tries its damndest to flee, but to no avail, as it always catches up.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Set up an empty project with some bomb ass sprites
Slap some colour down on those turfs
Walk your epicness around that ballin map
observe as your hopes and dreams crumble faster than a jenga stack at a frat party

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Client to smoothly cruise around with it's BFF mob like the unstobbale duo that they truly are
Actual Results:
Severe anxiety, probably as a result of my very sorted upbringing and series of traumatic life events that have led me to where I am today, a sad, broken shell of a man.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
untested, but for sure in test enviro and hazordhu
In other user accounts?
untested, but inferred
On other computers?
I can barely afford the computer I'm typing this on (untested)

When does the problem NOT occur?
When I don't try to do it
(every case I've tested it in)

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Well if you ask my mother, I started becoming a problem child shortly after I could walk and talk. You know, I've heard from several people that you spend the first couple years teaching your kids to walk and talk, but the next 16 or so telling them to sit down and shut up, and having a 3 year old and a nearly 1 year old I can say that this is in fact true. Also my son is already walking and he's not even 1 yet, Yaaaaaay! :)

Oh, you mean the bug I'm supposed to be writing about. As far as I can tell it always happens.

Workarounds:
Lie down and go to sleep.... forever....
I need a test case for this.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

The test case for this is a singular line of code.

world/movement_mode = TILE_MOVEMENT_MODE
The peoples republic of china wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

The test case for this is a singular line of code.

> world/movement_mode = TILE_MOVEMENT_MODE
>

No it's not. You need an environment with icons and such. I have a test case where I used that exact line. There's more involved. I need a project that unambiguously shows the problem.
I DM'd the test case to you on Discord prior to filing this report.
I wish BYOND had primitives so that we wouldn't need to send you anything besides code to produce test cases for things like this.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Eye gliding was broken in newer movement modes.