ID:265327

Hmm, I may try this for my upcoming game.

You drag items from your inventory to trade, into the trade box. The person you're trading with will also see it. Basically, it's like any other Online RPG. =/

Should I do this, or is it too overused?
Hell Ramen wrote:
Hmm, I may try this for my upcoming game.

You drag items from your inventory to trade, into the trade box. The person you're trading with will also see it. Basically, it's like any other Online RPG. =/

Should I do this, or is it too overused?

Might be a good idea. I think it'd be useful for RPG games involving trading/buying/selling items. This can be done in the same manner for commerse.
Some features are always present it's just a matter of how you setup the interface, so I wouldn't consider a trading system done-to-death anymore then a movement system.

As for the way you're going about it I like it. I'd make it so that you click the box to enter 'trade mode', then click the mob you wish to trade with. After that you drag items from the inventory onto the trade mode box (on screen).
I'd use statpanels to display the items being traded. While statpanels are usually considered the ugly not-very-good-at-programming way out, they actually fit hand in hand with this system.
To remove an item from the deal, just drag it out from the statpanel and back onto the trade mode box. To 'seal the deal' you just click the trade mode box again.