ID:265575

In my game you live in a island(small continent) and have skills...by finding wood you can construct wooden structures(Chairs, wooden floors). The game you play as a creature, not a human, so your intelligence is limited. I had a few ideas on how you would LEARN to create these things..

A. Blueprints
B. A verb/button that allows you to sit and study a certain thing from a list of given options, then learning it if you intelligence is high enough.
Sniper Joe wrote:
The game you play as a creature, not a human, so your intelligence is limited.

Or super-advanced!

A. Blueprints
B. A verb/button that allows you to sit and study a certain thing from a list of given options, then learning it if you intelligence is high enough.

Perhaps a mix of both? You can use the verb to raise the stat of intelligience or engineering or whatever, and hide the blueprints to really well-designed structures that you can learn almost instantly off of.

And maybe require the knowledge of two specific items to learn the dynamics of another and the ability to create that other item.
How about having different objects you can study to learn these things. Chairs could be figured out by looking at different stumps and whatnot that where good for sitting, figuring out how they where shaped and how they could be duplicated. I would venture to guess that this is how humans learned to create chairs.
In response to Scoobert
Thank you both, that is a great idea.
In response to Sniper Joe
Something like Spore on BYOND?
In response to Mysame
Doesn't seem that way... Unless you could [breed] another creature of the same species and control how the offspring evolves.