ID:265623

Heya you game makers out there, i wanna share an oppinion i think all game makers should know.

If you make a game, please dont submit it, until theres a purpose

im sorry to say, but im sick of seeing games on the unpublished, which are simply, un playable, IE when you join the game, you start playing and WHOOPS theres no Leveling, or Scroing, nothing, just icons and some lazy ass developer making promises they dont keep!

If you want your game to Succeed please take my advice and please, Keep your games hush hush and listen to what it says before you submit it because MY GOD is it ever True!

"If you Submit a game before its really ready to go, you will lose interest in making it, Garenteed" (something along those lines)
"Never announce something you have not yet done. Try, and you will be instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!"
I see your point there, but sometimes developers just want to see if any of their work is going to pay off. Generally that means just showing a shell of a game. Perhaps it would be better if they noted in the world description exactly what is available so if you're looking for a featured game you can steer clear?

I've definantly come across games that look like I'd want to play them only to find out that there isn't anything to do in it, but it still does kick up my interest a little and that usually means I'll look it up again if I see it online.

As for people saying what they plan for a game, I agree it should be kept secret! Nothing more enticing than not knowing what's going to happen next.

- GunRunner
I agree that it's usually a good idea not to release games until they're playable. If they are playable, just not complete, that's okay too - just be sure to set the status to "Alpha" or "Beta" and mention in the hub entry that it's not complete.

Gotta be careful of that warning of the day. =)
In response to Crispy
thats been warning of the day for way too long...

How about: "Don't rip other peoples work, you will get no help"
In response to Seraphrevan
Seraphrevan wrote:
"Never announce something you have not yet done. Try, and you will be instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!"

Scary thing is: It's true.