ID:265647

I'm going to make a Dragon Warrior game, with a tactical battle system.

Who likes the idea? Give support! yes!
Screenshots coming soon.
explain the system please.
In response to Shlaklava
You walk around the world map, (or area) untill you enter a battle, you are warped to another map (the battle map) and each user make his or her turn, they can Move, Cast Spells, Use Items, etc.

I want to clone the original stats too, so it will feel more like a remake of the dragon warrior games. (which one, I'm not certain yet.)
Sounds like Dragon Warrior Tactics.

I've been waiting for a remake of that, if you can make it just as fun (or even more), I support you!
In response to Flame Sage
Ultima: Exodus had a battle system similar to what you are refering to I believe.
In response to Nick231
Who (and What) are you talking about Nick?
I wouldn't mind having a few (experienced) people help me out though.
With mapping, and getting the general Dragon Warrior feel to be perfect.
He's talking about Ultima: Exodus, of course. =P

The NES variant had excellent graphics, far superior to the computer's graphics.

(Strange, isn't it, that console games back in the day had better graphics than their computer variants? Now it's the complete opposite.)
In response to Jtgibson
Ah I see.
It still would be cool though to get a few peolpe together.
In response to Jtgibson
Jtgibson wrote:
He's talking about Ultima: Exodus, of course. =P

The NES variant had excellent graphics, far superior to the computer's graphics.

(Strange, isn't it, that console games back in the day had better graphics than their computer variants? Now it's the complete opposite.)

srry for being off topic but that is not always true
In response to Shlaklava
Well I've decided to go ahead with the project, I still need two people that are very educated in the Dragon Warrior series, and are generally, respected in the BYOND community.
Hmm...oh, what the hell.
I could give mapping a shot (if you don't want to save that for yourself). I've never worked on a Byond project before, but I think I know better than to do stupid stuff like trying to mix overworld with town icons, or to make ugly "custom" icons to try to make the map look better, or requesting differently-colored icons that go outside the DW4 color sets. I admittedly don't have a very strong work ethic, but I think I could help with some supplemental maps. If you care, later today I could show you a "resume" of sorts with what I've done in the past, using what I had available on Tarq's Dragon Warrior Legacy game. I think you'd remember that.

As far as being respected in the Byond community, I don't know how to program so I would assume I'm not, but I'll leave that for other people to decide and announce in this thread if they think I would be trustworthy.
In response to Sarm
That'd be cool Sarm. I have one mapper, one more couldn't hurt.
Weren't you a administrator on DWL?
I think it would be great if you helped.
Sorta. I was just a builder, shortly before the game finally died off. I still have the hosting files so I can let you walk around what I built.
Flame Sage wrote:
Well I've decided to go ahead with the project, I still need two people that are very educated in the Dragon Warrior series, and are generally, respected in the BYOND community.

I have a fairly large base of DW knowledge... To say the least. I also, as far as I know, have a good reputation around these here parts. I might be able to help out with some things.

If you want to see some work that I have done, (I pretty much only have a few Demos and 1 game public right now) I can hook you up, or you can search my key, which ever you prefer.

You can contact me on MSN ([email protected]) if you want some help with your project. Not sure what you want me to help with, but I am no good with icons, so I wouldn't be able to change any icons for you for customized icons.

P.S. Earth Quest (My public game) is still fairly early in testing stages, which means there are currently a few bugs kicking around.

§atans§pawn