Gaoithe Gold

by Acebloke
Game in a Day +196 minutes
ID:2656798

Minor update just to fix up and improve the original save system. This still uses 'Character Handling'. Yes, that one. It still uses it, but now you have a title screen with New Game and Continue Game.

Note that there is still only one save game per key - I could change this if there is demand.

There probably isn't a lot of difference from the previous version but it does include partial controller support. Enough for basic use. Based on X box controller:

Left Analogue / D pad should move left right up and down
A button corresponds to the "action" key [Z]
X button corresponds to "spell" key [X]
Y button corresponds to "item" key [C]
B button corresponds to "run" key [V]

Also an autobattle key (basically attack random enemy) is R1 [A on keyboard]

Normally, one has to click enemies to select, this is something I need to change among other things, such as item shops etc.

I'll also paste in here what I have put in classified ads:

Back in 2009 I made an RPG in a day for Game in a Day (GiaD 2009). It may or may not work in the current BYOND version... hahaha!

http://www.byond.com/games/Acebloke/Gaoithe

Some time later, I decided I wanted to make an 'improved' version, if I say had another 24 hours to work on it. This became Gaoithe Gold in 2013:

http://www.byond.com/games/Acebloke/gaoithegold

I haven't done a lot of work on it towards that 24 hours, but occasionally get the bug to do some more to it. I'm currently adding controller support and I'll fix up the save feature too as I think its stopped working.

One thing I've considered doing to make it a bit posher is to include voice acting for the lines in the game. Even in the updated version, there isn't a huge amount of lines so this should be a short job.

Ideally I'm looking for a number of people of both Masculine and Feminine sounding vocals to produce some recorded lines using their own home setups. Anyone interested will need to be:

A) Able to record at home with a good quality microphone (ie: no fuzz).
B) Prepared to waver any rights to recordings produced for the game to myself.
C) Happy to be credited in the game via BYOND username or legal name.
D) Agree to the terms of financial compensation (see below).
E) Be at least 16 years of age (due to being a paid role).

There is no particular bar of quality required to inquire... this is just a bit of fun to add a bit of spice to an old game. However... I might be open to contacting you again about future work at better rates.

Please note that I am UK based and use £ Pound Sterling as currency. I can financially reimburse you for your work via a variety of methods:

1) Paypal payment - simplest method
2) Gifting via a online system such as Steam / etc
3) Byond membership or game / game credit

The absolute minimum I'll pay for services will be £9.50 which is the living wage rate for an hours work, but I might work out a price per word for anyone who has a slightly bigger role and work it out from there. We will agree a final fee prior to recording, and payment will be sent after recordings have been finalised.

I'll offer a complimentary copy of Gaoithe Gold for everyone involved.

Anyone interested just give a reply here and we can discuss matters further.

If this works out, I'll be open to paying for other services in other games, including artwork and music, but for now I'm just thinking about Gaoithe.

Thanks everyone.