ID:265753

What do you think of this? Would you play it?

A long time into the future, there exists an alien race, extremely technologically advanced. They separated into 6
organizations, due to disagreements within the community. There now exist 6 different organizations of aliens, who for years have been secluded from the others, developing and increasing their knowledge. Now you can figure that with each group of aliens, some are going to know different things than the others.

They declared war against each other after one organization found a spy that belonged to another organization.
On this galaxy war is different for these aliens. The war is fought deep within the planet, and is sort of played as a 'game' with certain rules and limits.
The organizations are split up into 6 bases within the earth. Each alien member has a job.

Spy - Retrieve intelligence from enemy bases. This could be blueprints for a weapon, a tool, their plans for strategy etc.
The spy's job is tough, but they are built for spying. Their skills include stealth, sneaking, trap setting, and at higher levels they are able to change their face, camouflage, easier and stealthier maneuvering.

Leader - The leader of these organizations like to be secluded from other aliens. The leader controls his troops, he has the tools to watch his troops, send them messages. It's up to the leader of the organization to organize their troops in such a way for victory. They have a limit to tell their troops things, so that is why you must write a semi-detailed plan of organization which is then hidden within your base. The members of that organization are able to see the plans, but no one outside the organization. (This makes the spy job have more meaning.) Spies can steal these plans and bring it back to their organization for further examination by the members.

Technician - They are given parts of weaponry to put together and manufacture so the members can have a steady supply of weapons. Now the technician doesn't know how to put these weapons together so he has to experiment a little. Different parts have different outcomes of the completed weapons. They also have to order parts that they need from a catalogue using their organization's money earned from each round. They also have to develop stronger weapons for the sake of their team's survival. They have a key to access a filing cabinet with weapon's blueprints so they can make their weapons faster. The technician also must write these blueprints. (Once again, making the spy role have more meaning. Steal some blueprints so their organization can use them.)

Soldier - You guys follow the leader's commands and lead your organization to victory. You can use vehicles, weapons, strategic maneuvers, to trap your opponents, kill your opponents, and most importantly win.

Security - You watch the base. You guys have a room with security surveillance and it is up to you to guard the base from intruders. Your kind have increased strength, vision, and an advanced camouflage suit. Your tools are a master key (maybe it disintegrates after use, but the security can get more by request from the leader and spies wont be able to abuse this), a 'taser' type thing to stun the enemy for 2 minutes (can be strengthened with the right parts). (Blueprints will be in the cabinet by default, but if the security loses one, the technician would have to make more)
You have to face the target for a full second (too quick?) in order for it to work. And yes there will be a prison, but your released after each round. Members of your organization can break you free using the strongest vehicle available (cost big $$), or by busting the cell.

Each round ends when the leader dies or all the troops die.
Do you think that's enough roles or should I add more?
Sounds to me like it could be an alright game, so long as you promise to let someone with a good education in English grammar and spelling proofread all the text in the game before it goes live. (I don't mean to offend, but there are many errors in your post, and in a finished game these will make it look very sloppy and unprofessional.)

Also, this should be in the "Design Philosophy" forum, but I'm sure a mod will move it for you. (This forum is for completed projects.)
In response to Sappho
Yeah I just typed ideas while I was thinking about them. I didn't care much for spelling at the time.
I like how the game sounds so far. I was thinking that maybe you could also have some of those roles branch out a bit. Such as technicians that make weapons, then others that make vehicles(if you're going to have them do that). Also, soldiers that are better and different types of weapons. Just something to think of. I'd try it out when/if it comes out.
In response to I4md4v0r
I was scanning through and I recently found this post. So I decided I wanted to continue this project. I just recently made some more ideas.

The idea of the game is to crush your opponent.
The planet is a barren wasteland, with 6 alien head quarters
set up throughout the lands.

I think the game should go freebase, no round or anything.
The jobs will be simplified and limited

the game can be set up into missions, reconnasance missions
intel retrieval etc.

The aliens can build a civilization on their planet. They
can also plan raids and attacks on other civilizations for
an alliance, or to gather their intel.

Vendors, technicians can choose which blueprints to
mass produce for the other players.

Miners mine ore, they can sell to the players who
specialize in smelting. These guys smelt metal out of
this ore, and can sell it to technicians (for a higher
price than vending machines) so the technicians can
build and test their weapons. Or you can sell
to vending machines so they can continuously manufacture
the items.
The economy is like a chain.

What would be cool is the more intel your char has,
the more they can understand alien 'code' and can
code programs to do things. Like if players wanted to
make a vortex ripper, they could code it. Or make an
easy interface.

Jobs:
Spy
Technician
Soldier
Leader - Only one. They are in charge of running everything
They can plan raids, and tell people what to do (role play)
Security
Medical - In charge of healing, finding cures for diseases, and etc
Chemist - Has the power to develop chemicals that achieve different effects. They get their own research room and have easy access to document
all their findings and new chemicals. They can mess with the structure of genes in chemicals (limited), items like ore, metal, and people.

Each job will have special skills and items depending
on what organization they are in and what intel has
been retrieved.

To make a new skill accessable by that organization,
the info must be stored in a chip and in the database
'mind' computer. The player can then stand in this machine
and give up the requirements to learn the skill and learn it.
Spies can steal, (harder to do because you have to take it back to your planet.)
or they can memorize it (depends on your intel level).
-When you drop a chip, it is automatically sent back to the computer.

Death. When you die you will turn into a ghost, gaining some neat powers.
Your body is sent back to your home world and hooked up to a machine.
If no machines are available, its stored in the 'pit'. The medical person must then hook your body up to a machine (IV bag) and you will
gain the power to come back if you so choose. Ghosts cant warp around, and cant warp to different planets. They can pass through walls and observe.
Some areas they cant enter though, like the leaders lair.

Astral projection, is learnable by the spy. You need a high level of focus to achieve a projection, and you need mental energy to sustain it.
You can be sucked in at anytime depending on your focus level, you can be sucked into vortexes and time rips.
But you get special features:
Depending on how high your focus is, these are what you get when you astral project
See through walls
You can see all spirits, this means invisible aliens or aliens who are cloaked you will still see their spirit.
You can see collective ectoplasm, these spots determine weak points in the dimension. Using a vortex ripper or machine here could have drastic effects
including a more powerfull vortex (warps you further and farther) or it could just implode and rip a hole in time, sucking everything in.

Warp (you can warp around, with more focus warp to different planets. Note that this mode of 'spying' probably wont get you anywhere because
you actually need to remember or grab a chip/blueprint/paper to steal weapon/chemical/skills

You have a chance of animating dead bodies. If you were successfull and you 'remembered' a piece of information and died, you would still
retain it depending on your intel. Astral projection is available to one organization only and can be found by meditation and increased focus skill.

Each player has a memory, and aliens can capture and interrogate a player to find out certian information. This depends on their influence and their
intel. Spies would be more capable of this because of their stealth and skills, but anyone can do it.

I'm not even close to finishing my ideas for this game. Every idea that pops into my mind, more keep coming! I just wanted to post this and get some feedback. Would you guys play? What do you like so far? etc..
In response to Smokey Joe
I like it man, I'd be happy to work with ya on this project man, just by looking at the ideas makes me wanna start GFXing x)