In response to Miran94
Miran94 wrote:
Nadrew wrote:
If someone releases their source under a license it's not up to BYOND to enforce it, it's up to the person that holds the license. That's like saying the creators of C++ have to enforce license issues with people using C++. The only thing we have to do is make sure the hub isn't abused, beyond that it's not up to us.

I totally disagree that's like saying, if someone stole your money the police can't do anything about it, I just belive that if BYOND has more staff to maintain it we wouldn't have problems like rips and trolls.

Also Data has a solution but I have a better one Lets wipe out the memory of all anime lovers and then bomb japan ^^

- Miran94

Don't bomb japan...Animes are great I say! I strongly support all (Non-Rip) Naruto games! Just 12 year old fan boys on BYOND who cant code suck...

-Poal
In response to Xzar
Well, rips usually aren't violating any source licences, because the source they borrow from usually isn't legally licenced. (After all, just saying 'I r have copyright' doesn't cut it, legally)

But yes, in content, they are pretty screwed. However, the owners of the respective trademarks and copyright have not brought the matter to the attention of BYOND (to my knowledge), so BYOND doesn't have a legal obligation to remove those hub entries.

As Nadrew noted, it is the responsibility of the owner of a licence/trademark/copyright to take action against violations. The matter that I wished to draw attention to, is whether BYOND are willing to take action on violations that exist on their hub, without the owner of the original content needing to take legal action to forceably get it removed.
In response to Stephen001
This topic has gone WAYYY offtrack. It is about your opinion on releasing a source not about how Animes or Rips are bad or anything about Legal or Trademarks. Please stay on topic.

-Poal
Page: 1 2 3