ID:2658108

(See the best response by Spevacus.)
I've been playing and enjoying byond for many years, after lagging out in an SS13 server I realized that I couldn't join back into it. I've tried reopening byond, resetting my PC, booting byond in admin, and even using trying beta/stable build.

What happens when I try to join a server? absolutely nothing! My cursor does a little loading motion and it gets added as a running process in
task manager, but absolutely NOTHING!! comes up. What do?

Best response
Howdy! I honestly have no idea what could be happening here, so I'm going to run you through a couple of pretty generic fixes that have helped me with similar problems in the past.

First, try clearing your cache. You can do this by opening your BYOND Pager and clicking the cog wheel icon in the top right, then select the "Preferences" option. Next, navigate to the Games tab and click "Clear Cache."

If that doesn't work, it might be worth completely uninstalling BYOND and reinstalling the latest Stable version. Sounds kind of cheesy, but uninstalling fully sometimes does wonders for really weird issues like this.

If none of that works, let me know, and we can try diving a bit deeper into this issue.

Best of luck!
In response to Spevacus
Thanks for the effort of writing, I think it was an issue with
my computers heating actually! I'm not the smartest computer guy, but it was only doing this when my house was around 89F. I ended up falling asleep with the cooler on (i'm fucking freezing) but the game launched!
In response to Nickro99
Wow, that's weird, haha. Glad it's working now though!