ID:265815

Sorry, for if I am posting in the wrong section of the forums. I was thinking of making a Magic Byond game. Seeing as duel monster games are popping up. I just recently learned how to play magic and I am very well at it. I came here to know if a magic game will be great as a byond game and if I should do it.
Go ahead, don't bother asking, you should just do it.
I'd recommend making up your own cards and naming the game something different. I'm not lecturing about the evils of fangames. It's just that including the old cards, following up with new cards, and updating tournament rules seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Avoid referencing Magic in the title and then you can steal the rules and create cards as you see fit.
In response to ACWraith
Steal is such... terrible phrase to use.

It's nicer to say 'inspired by'. Or 'based on'. At least then it seems more like a tribute to a concept, rather than just a straight taking of a concept out of laziness.
In response to SeijiTataki
Of course im gonna change the name of the title and I was planning on making my own cards. I just want to know what people think, and i want to hear opinions and their ideas.
Max Omega wrote:
Sorry, for if I am posting in the wrong section of the forums. I was thinking of making a Magic Byond game. Seeing as duel monster games are popping up. I just recently learned how to play magic and I am very well at it. I came here to know if a magic game will be great as a byond game and if I should do it.

Magic isn't that exciting of a game, TBH.

Try creating a totally new card battle game, just for BYOND.

Or make a ripoff of some card game nobody here has ever heard of.