ID:265886

What would be more accepted by the community, single player RPG's or multi player RPG's ? (I think this is kind of a dumb question, but it's worth the shot)

Basically would you play a single player RPG or at least try it out, knowing it's single player ?

Or would you prefer a multi player because single player is too dull ?
Both are good. It is a dumb question.
In response to Foomer
I know both are good, still there are people that refuse to play single player RPG's. That's why I asked.
Multi-player would be better accepted by the community, but only because teamwork is fun. If a RPG isn't going to promote some sort of party/guild system, it may as well be single player.

If you've ever played an RPG without some sort of partying/team system, you'll notice that players organize their own teams even without them being built into the game. Why? Because it's fun.

Not that single player RPGs are bad. They have their advantages too (even if they're small ones).
In response to Andre-g1
Andre-g1 wrote:
I know both are good, still there are people that refuse to play single player RPG's. That's why I asked.

And there are people who refuse to play online RPGs too. So just make whichever one you want to make and don't worry about what people think because there's always going to be people who don't like what you make no matter what it is.

But if all you're really interested in is making games that other people will give you feedback for then make it online, because you won't get much feedback for single player games.
In response to Aixelsyd
Aixelsyd wrote:
Not that single player RPGs are bad. They have their advantages too (even if they're small ones).

Not entirely true, a storyline and "turn of events"(like switching from the good guy to the bad guy and changing the whole plot) is much easier to implement on a single player RPG. And I consider that a big advantage.
In response to Foomer
Okay, thanks for your opinion. I'll go for online then, since feedback is always nice to get. Though I need a pixel artist and no one appears to be interested in RPG games <.<