ID:266018

So in my game theres going to be different status effects like frozen burned bleeding etc what would be the best way to handle multiple statuses on a person.Like example: their bleeding tired burnt and partial paralyzed what would be best way to display this
Well I think the best way to handle them is in a list, and depending on your type of skin layout, I think maybe listing the statuses in a label or something should do.
I'm doing it by having a variable for each and a proc that is called with Stat().

When you are poisoned in my game what happens is that the variable is set to a number, like 10.

Every time the procedure is called by stat (a little under 1 call per second) it reduces the poison amount by 1. It also does damage to the player.

using this you can set how long the effect lasts, how much damage it does and also know whether or not you are under a status effect (just check to see if it's null since any value other than 0 will return true)

In the proc, if and when the status drops below zero, it becomes zero instead and notifies the player that the status effect has worn off.

It may not be the best way to do it, but it's the easiest in my opinion.
In response to Bravo1
Using an associated list for all status instead of having a variable for each would save you from extra coding. Going down the clean and efficient path is better than going down the easiest in my opinion.
In response to Lcooper
True, but a lot of people don't know associative lists so well, I figured I'd give him an option that works just as well without him having to learn a how to use them. I had trouble with them when I first started and I guess I just didn't want to see someone go through hat I did. XD

It's ultimately up to him though.