ID:266019

Ok so anyone have any ideas what would be a good way to make sensing people as a system based off of dbz wise like

radar on screen
list people
arrows pointing to direction
etc.

anything clever you think would perhaps suit a dbz game for sensing people feel free to bring it up
I was thinking of having a grid that you fill with all the people that you "sense", then add an arrow to their icons overlay pointing to their current location.
perhaps make a little hub radar that has an arrow pointing in the direction of the mob in question. Then you can also have the arrow change its color depending on how powerful the mob is in comparison to yourself.

If you'd like to get REALLY into it you could make the arrow more of a line and then use byond to rotate the line and make 72 rotations per color (I have an environment that automatically does this if you'd like me to make it for you)

and then it will find their direction based on the Pythagorean theorem in order to get the best angle. and then have it point to that angle, making it incredibly accurate. Though it'd have to update somewhat frequently in order to be worthwhile, unless you make a verb to update it manually.

Either way I'd be glad to help you make a totally awesome dragon radar for you. including dragon ball directions and directions of people you ca sense. Or separate, your choice.
In response to Bravo1
Definitely beats my idea lol. My creativity is limited.
In response to Lcooper
If you can pull it off bravo im more then welcome to accept it. It sounds quite interesting and sure I'll gladly take any icons I can get saves me more time
In response to Lcooper
Trust me, don't get yourself down. I've had a slough of crazy ideas, this was the only one that ever worked properly for me.