ID:266024

I was wondering i had a theory of making a system where you make your own techniques and get to choose the icon state of the attack you use. Example say everyone has same base icon and can addin icon states for there own moves and when you make a new technique you put the name of icon state it does before the attack or w/e. Is it possible to do this and have it be able to keep updating the base icon to addin more moves?
Yes, you can do this with the Insert() icon function, though it'd be est to have them send the icon to you and you can add in what you find appropriate. You never know when someones custom move is just going to be a giant penis that flies around.
In response to Bravo1
Do you think this idea would be efficient due to the factor no one has to download a massive base icon with like 500 icon states of random junk opposed to just their own with whatever they added? And would it reduce the lag for person just by this alone due to not everyone having same base icon with loads of icon states
In response to Xavion_Zenovka
It would definitely cut down on resources yest. but another option is allowing several different effects and allowing them to customize what you provided them. Much in the same way as making clothes and allowing players to choose the color, only more icons and more customization options. Go with whatever floats your boat, ultimately it's your call =)
Xavion_Zenovka wrote:
Do you think this idea would be efficient due to the factor no one has to download a massive base icon with like 500 icon states of random junk opposed to just their own with whatever they added?

No. Everyone is still going to have to download everyone else's uploaded icon states in order to display them.
In response to Bravo1
How did you know I was going to do that? Jerk.
In response to OrangeWeapons
i didn't i just thought it'd be more fun to have true customization to a person character rather then having preset stuff that would make the game take longer to get out there
You need to check replies' Parent ID, and reply to the proper person. It was a joke @ Bravo1.
In response to Hiead
This is true, and not only are they going to have to download it, but when it displays for the first time theres going to be a lag spike as they download it.

The days of the Icon Traders games... *shudder*