ID:266032

Ok so Im in process of making a new RPG/Action game and im not that great at being creative wise so if you want to possible see a technique or ability or w/e in my game feel free to post below the following info

Name:

Type(aoe, explosive,etc):

Type 2(trans,ability,technique,spell,etc):

Effects(burn,freeze,etc):

Element(if any):

Item's used(daggers, bombs,scrolls,etc):

Description:

Ingame Performance(like how you'd like it to work in the game):

Creator(your ingame character name to be known for makin it):

Name: Acid Storm

Type : (Damage Over Time)

Effects : Acid

Description:

Ingame Performance: The user casts the spell on another player creating a green storm cloud above them. It rains acid on them for a period of time as does a lot of damage.

Creator: Kyle_ZX

Extra : This is just a simple overlay and while loop.

With having zero knowledge of your game, this is a pretty bad idea. Do you have any demonstrations or background information to offer?
Name: Kamehameha Wave

Type: Beam

Type 2: Technique

Effects: Saves the planet from certain destruction.

Element: Soul

Item's used): Senzu Bean

Description: Focus your power, fire a beam from the heart and soul.

Ingame Performance: It shoots a multitile beam.

Creator: Gokugeta1999
In response to DivineTraveller
Basically its going to be a rpg/action game based on high level of customization mixed in with some premade elements along with fusion of other ones to make new ones.

EX: you can upload your own clothes into the game after once you gather the required materials and the crafting is finished you can then upload the icon and wear it.

Techniques can be fused to make new ones which are unlocked

EX: fusing a portal teleport move with say a explosion technique would spawn a implosion technique which may instant kill or highly damage the foe
This is the point in which you employ the help of an "Idea's Guy". Having one solid tracked mind to develop and come up with all of the original idea's to your game, such as abilities, items, ect. If you try asking 100 people for their suggestions, things quickly become cluttered and seemingly unrelated. There are lots of people with that creative and fantastic mind whom can create vivid, effective, and believable stories within games. This is my specialty as I'm a big writer and my main focus is fantasy fiction. Also you have to think about Balance when choosing abilities. Yeah, having an insta-kill ability is super cool, but it completely ruins gameplay when several high level players are using it on all of the newbies, and even each other. So my suggestion is to be very careful and analytical when thinking of game mechanics like techniques. Don't try to just "Get it done" so you can make a half hearted attempt at making a fun game. Anyone can name off several games that are posted and just die within days because, to be blunt, they suck. So good luck and I hope it works well for you.

Tip: Making a unique interface for the game can really help bring the game out and allow it to not be caught on the deadly bandwagon of "Default".
In response to Danbriggs
i kno im well aware everything will be balanced and the interface is going to be customized as i find the original ones dead boring. I plan on balancing the techniques in a similar manner to that of a team fortress kind of damage effect system and then adding multiplier or weights on the moves based on the difference in power, along with a supressor option if you really wanna hold back on weaker foes for fun
In response to Xavion_Zenovka
I was merely saying this because of the countless games that flop because there's no real spark to it. This may sound harsh, but almost all of the Fan games on BYOND fall into this category. I trust that your analytical skills with game mechanics are well adept enough to build an exciting and believable game. I just hope there are no training dummy's or any other spam level system. Otherwise, I may just try out your project once it's completed. Good luck sir.