ID:2660982

Resolved
BYOND Version:514.1459
Operating System:Google Chromecast
Web Browser:Netscape Navigator 1.3
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When connecting to the game through Steam using an account that has license to the game, CheckPassport("steam:[valid_appid]") kills the game on the user-end.

This does not occur when connecting through any of the usual BYOND routes (website, dream daemon, pager) even with Steam running in the background.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
git gud

Make a test case.
Make a valve account
Fill out all of the paperwork (you'll need that sweet sweet tax info) to become a Steam partner
Pay valve $100 for the application fee
Learn how to use the steamworks SDK
Create a proper steam store page (Yep, you'll have to do this before someone else can test it)
Wait for valve to approve this page (Could take up to two weeks)
Upload your build (Just use the teeny tiny hidden feature on the dashboard, don't use steamcmd)
Request keys from valve or list your shiny test case(Again can take up to two weeks)
Give friend a key or make them pay for it
Call client.CheckPassport("steam:[your_appid]")
Gaze longingly into the eyes of your background that you really should reogranize, but instead of doing that you just paid a multi-million dollar distribution platform $100 for a test case that confirmed what I already told you was happening.
Cry

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client.CheckPassport("steam:[valid_appid]")

Expected Results:
Life to go on and be fun and happy

Actual Results:
Well Trump got elected...
Also the CTD sucks.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? I will
In other games? Never fill
In other user accounts? This out
On other computers? For You

When does the problem NOT occur?
When I don't try to make games

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Well considering this is a new feature..... It worked in BYOND 2.9 tho

Workarounds:
Choose a different career
I just confirmed that the same CTD issue arises when GetAPI() is called on the client, but only when the user connects through Steam. Let me know if you'd like a separate report for this.
Lummox JR resolved issue