ID:2662130

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Is it possible to get a thing to allow a plane master to appear in more than one map element without needing to duplicate the plane masters? screen_loc can't point to multiple values and this is problematic for us due to us having ~20 plane masters and the need for up to 3-4 map views.
Too many map controls will hurt performance, but I guess what I'm confused on here is why needing a copy is a problem.

However, with visual contents this might be a complete non-issue, since you could have some kind of parent HUD object for each map control and add the same plane master to the visual contents of each one.
I tried vis_contents with plane masters, it didn't .. seem to work. I'll try it again and come back with results.
We just don't want to have to make more than one copy since we have ~20 planemasters already per player, with the potential need to make more. It's not too much of an optimization issue but it'd help our code structure if, say, we didn't need to have separate lighting planemasters made for each map control.
Adding to vis_contents of something on the other map view did not work.
In response to Silicons
You don't need individual plane masters per player. You can use the same ones for multiple players.