ID:2663509

It's been an overall nice week here, but work goes on and I've been busy moving the 514 beta forward.

I'm still stuck on an issue with Steam integration and I think, hopefully, Valve is on the case now and trying to figure out why I'm getting some bizarre results. However in the meantime I've had some very interesting bugs to fix with regular BYOND stuff, and that's kept me plenty busy.

The biggest thing I had to deal with is that I've apparently been handling the chaining dot operators all wrong since I introduced them in 512, which funnily enough isn't even the first time, and I had to make some changes to the parser. The related null conditional operators also had a problem with stack growth that's been around forever, but fortunately it didn't cause too many issues.

The new dark theme in the reference toggles much more easily now, but I'm still working on that. (I'll update it on the site soon.)

One minor issue that's on my radar is that some SS13 codebases using Goon lighting have pointed out the color matrix hashing done on the backend to ensure a unique matrix (this saves memory and also makes comparisons quicker) might actually be counterproductive for their situation, so I'm going to look into whether it's safe to lose that. I know the renderer uses a simple pointer equality test when it checks if the current color matrix has changed (needed so it can update settings) so I might need to find a compromise.

Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND lately through your Membership or on Patreon or SubscribeStar! All this ongoing development is possible only because of you.

Daylight savings is upon us again in the US, so be prepared to set those clocks forward this weekend. It always sucks having a short weekend, especially when you have to be up early multiple days the following week. But make the most of your own 47 hours!