ID:2664983

(See the best response by Zewaka.)
Hello, I've been playing for roughly a year, maybe more. but recently on any of the SS13 servers, I get no audio, zip. this has been an issue for roughly a month. I've tried a few things, including uninstalling byond entirely and reinstalling. note: according to my volume mixer SS13 is making sounds, but I'm not hearing anything.
Best response
BYOND will always use your Windows default audio device, no way around it. Is that set properly?
Not true. I just got Hazordhu to play through the speakers on my second monitor (which is actually a TV) just by changing the output device in Windows Sound Settings.
In response to F0lak
F0lak wrote:
Not true. I just got Hazordhu to play through the speakers on my second monitor (which is actually a TV) just by changing the output device in Windows Sound Settings.

Oh, you're right. Windows did add the ability to route the audio for a specific application to another device in Win10. Though, I've had issues with it supporting devices/specific ways to play audio through the application, which is why I don't use it.
I'm not familiar with SS13, but are there sound settings in the game?

Another possibility is that your cache may need to be cleared, not 100% certain if a clean install takes care of that for you though.
In response to F0lak
F0lak wrote:
I'm not familiar with SS13, but are there sound settings in the game?

Another possibility is that your cache may need to be cleared, not 100% certain if a clean install takes care of that for you though.

BYOND offers no way to change sound devices via its various languages/APIs. And no, my cache nor an install is the issue, this has persisted over many years over multiple operating systems and machines.