ID:2667019

Resolved
BYOND Version:514.1551
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 89.0.4389.82
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: On world startup, the log is being spammed with the runtime error "Undefined operation" on code where we know numbers are only involved.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? 100%.
In other games? In my project alone. I have no way to test it elsewhere.

The bug STARTED occurring in build 1550. Before that build, the same code runs without problem.

Workarounds: None.
Let me know if you want a test case and I'll shoot you my project. Message me in the Discord; my server username is Suzu.
I absolutely need a test case, because there's nothing in this report I can investigate otherwise.
BYOND Pager failed to notify me of your response...

Anyway, this bug seems to be related to heavy use of ?.; I just retested, as I was about to send you the source, and the problem is gone. The only thing that's changed since I posted this report is the removal of ?. throughout the code.

Even weirder, is that the line of code where the runtime error pointed to does not use ?. (then or now).
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
Even weirder, is that the line of code where the runtime error pointed to does not use ?. (then or now).

?. errors travelled around the syntax tree in some prior versions, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened
All right, I'll mark this resolved then but if you see an issue like this recur please let me know.

There's also every chance this was fixed in 514.1552.
Lummox JR resolved issue