ID:2667609

March has flown by, and so far has actually given us a couple of really nice days to show for it. Not today, though.

A lot of my development this week has been consumed by a major snag, where I was alerted to a problem in the compiler that appeared in 514.1550, and I had to rip apart the guts to get at it. I finally have a handle on the problem and I'm ready to button that up for release, but of course now it's Friday and we all know how that goes.

Still, there are folks waiting on 514.1552 so I'm going to have to get a release out either tonight or possibly tomorrow. I hate weekend releases but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

There's a bug involving sync issues between the client eye and player mob, but because that's gonna be a whole other project to tackle I can't in good conscience commit to fixing it for 1552. That new release needs to get out, and any stuttering issues will have to wait; they're not super new anyway. Gliding issues are generally the worst to handle, owing a lot to the fact that we have a lot of annoying legacy code under the hood for all of that.

I'd still like to do more with particles before tying up 514 in a bow, but this beta has gone better than expected so far so I'm happy for that. I think at some point soon I might try doing some parallel development to get the rendering engine updated and hopefully ditch the fixed-function pipeline for good.

Thanks once again to all the BYOND Members, donors, Patrons, etc. who've helped support BYOND and keep all this going. If you're not a BYOND Member yet yourself, it's easy and cheap, and it helps the platform.

I'm hoping the rain lets up for good soon and the rest of the day isn't awful. Next month there shall be no zoo day, unless a series of miracles come together to make one feasible, but I still plan to find a way to make the most of any nice days and you should too. But when nature is too much to take, that's why we have gaming. Keep those coding fingers sharp!