ID:2669685

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Hello!

I've been playing space station 13 for a year now, but the issue is today I went to go play but after struggling a bit I realized that due tomy internet multiple windows opened on Fulpstation. I then realized I was banned for being a guest account, and the game requests me to login, which I am already logged in.

Please, I didn't break any rules or perform any michievious behavior to get banned. Please unban me so I can play again soon. Thank you.
Howdy!

Posting here on the BYOND forums isn't going to get you too far when your ban is from a specific SS13 server. Your best bet would be to raise the issue with the particular server's staff team. The best way I imagine you could do this would be to visit their forum site. For Fulpstation, I believe those are located here.

Good luck!
In response to Spevacus
Hey!

No see thats the issue. I'm not banned from a specific server, I'm banned from SS13 in general. My internet messed up and the Byond application banned me for apparently being a guest account.
In response to Spevacus
I was able to load into Fulpstation a few minutes ago (previously it would not let me as it immediately quit and once gave the ban message)
However, I was only able to join by pressing the reply button to join the most recent server. Still, I am unable to see any other server at all, and I feel I only managed to get into the server by trying so much. My hypothesis is that Byond still has be registered as banned, but as I stated before I did no false doing to receive a ban.
So just to be clear here... BYOND doesn't explicitly disallow guests to connect to any game, nor does it have some built in option to ban all guests. If you're being denied the ability to connect to a game because you're a guest, that's the game's code itself rejecting your ability to connect as a guest. If I recall correctly, most SS13 servers disallow guests, but that's not BYOND's fault.

Still, the part where BYOND isn't registering that you're logged in is an issue. I would completely kill all BYOND-related processes and then restart the BYOND client and log in (being doubly sure that you're logged in). Then, at that point, navigate to SS13's entry and try and open Fulpstation.

Again, being clear here: If you're NOT logged in via the BYOND client (the pager), then it's going to try and log you into SS13 as a guest. Being logged in on this site doesn't matter. What matters is being logged in to the pager.
In response to Spevacus
Mhm, I've made sure for hours while trying to fix the issue that I am logged in. I even went to the lengths of creating a new account yet the issue persists. I've tried to even uninstall the byond client and download a version that fulp station staff said was more stable. I just don't have any explanation yet to go with what the game had issued before, it did say I was banned for using a guest account. Is there a way If I provided my account someone could check its status? I did research yesterday and apparently, I'm not the first this has happened to, though it is very rare.
In response to Spevacus
Additionally, when signing into a guest account and signing out then signing into my normal account space station 13 is blank.

Remember the issue is that it shows no players online on the right-hand side, and no servers show up. When I click on SS13 all I can see is the replay button. For other games they appear normally, just ss13 does not.

I had an issue remember with my wifi where multiple tabs opened of fulpstation and I closed them, they weren't responding and I opened it a few more. After this, It appears I was banned from SS13 entirely. When logging in once a small window came up stating a ban message regarding something about a guest account. When connecting to a server via a direct connection key the connection always dies.

This is why I believe I am banned from ss13, and I tried everything I could to fix the issue on myside, even looking through firewall. Again, I spent 7 hours+ trying to fix the issue on my side.
If, when loading up, the game is actually telling you you're banned, then it's possible that one of your credentials (IP, Key, or Computer ID) is being associated with an account that actually is banned for "using a guest account." This could be a mistake on the admins' part, or just a faulty association of your IP, Key, or CID.

Razr0109 wrote:
Is there a way If I provided my account someone could check its status? I did research yesterday and apparently, I'm not the first this has happened to, though it is very rare.

Yeah, but this is absolutely something you need to discuss with Fulpstation admins, like I mentioned earlier. It's probably going to involve you divulging those credentials so they can understand why the game is incorrectly rejecting your ability to connect. That conversation should probably happen over on the forums I linked earlier, or in a private space so your personally identifiable information isn't leaked.

Razr0109 wrote:
Additionally, when signing into a guest account and signing out then signing into my normal account space station 13 is blank.

Remember the issue is that it shows no players online on the right-hand side, and no servers show up. When I click on SS13 all I can see is the replay button. For other games they appear normally, just ss13 does not.

You seem to be talking about this bug report you created. I can assure you that if you're banned from SS13, you'll still be able to see what servers are available via the pager. Being banned in-game doesn't affect the visibility of servers on the game entry. Something else is messing with you there.

Razr0109 wrote:
When logging in once a small window came up stating a ban message regarding something about a guest account.

Yeah this is information you need to bring up to Fulpstation admins. Without being able to access their banlist information, I can't help you much with this specifically.
In response to Spevacus
Please is there anyway I can send you a screenshot. I talked to fulp last night and it there isn't anything they can do. Please. NO SERVERS show up under ss13, that's my issue. I said I connected to fulp. I AM NOT. Banned form fulp. I can't connect to any other server. I AM banned from ss13 AS THE PAGER has stated to me. You said you can check my account status, please please can you check. I am telling you I researched this and tried for hours. THE SERVERS can not do any action to fix this, it's an error or some issue on your side. Please, please just check. Please I literally can not play, I'm trying to explain the issue and you're repeating yourself. I already tried everything you stated, the firewall, the server admins, reinstalling, signing in. I DID IT ALL. Please, I'm literally begging at this point to check the status of my account. I played for a year now and now I can't see any servers. Please.
Razr, the issue you're having is probably that your system firewall or some other application for security has incorrectly denied partial network access to one or more BYOND applications.

Dream Seeker uses local networking to speak with the BYOND pager to determine your login credentials. This is probably why you're joining servers as a guest instead of with your real account.

Check your Windows firewall settings, and make sure byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and dreamdaemon.exe all have access to the public and private network.
Best response
I AM banned from ss13 AS THE PAGER has stated to me.

I'm not banned from a specific server, I'm banned from SS13 in general. My internet messed up and the Byond application banned me for apparently being a guest account.

That's not how anything BYOND works. BYOND doesn't have a concept of hub-wide bans. Only individual server hosts can actually ban someone via the pager or via an in-game system written by the software developer. If Lummox isn't aware of you, there is zero chance your account has had any action taken against it, and if it had, it wouldn't present like what you describe.

What you are describing simply put, only makes sense to be an issue on your end. There is zero possibility it's anything else.

If you are using a VPN or third party antivirus, start there. The problem is assuredly on your end.
usually when people have issues like this it is someone using a VPN and getting caught in an IP Ban tangle.

Ter13 is 100% correct with their assessment.
OP, if you're still having issues connecting to Fulp please reach out to staff either in our discord or on our forum.
Just to add here, I'm not seeing any obvious evidence of VPN use but a VPN could well have caused the networking problems the pager apparently has.
I'm not using a VPN though. I tried my hotspot like a a friend asked and I still am having the same issue so it's not a firewall issue. Can we establish that out of the way please . As I stated, i literally got a ban message before when trying to join. I was able to join fulp though. The issue is, if I could send a image of what I see. Is every other game looking normal with the population on the right, and if I click them th3 servers nicely listed below. However, on ss13 there is no population count, there are no servers.
You can take a screenshot and upload it to a third party image hosting service like imgur and paste the link here if you'd want to show us what you're seeing.

Also, using a hotspot doesn't rule out your firewall at all. Your firewall is configured on your computer itself, and dictates what traffic is allowed on a network that computer connects to.
I'll work on the screenshot but when I checked my firewall what I could tell is that it's allowed. It had a green checkmark and was allowed from what I could tell.
Here is the screenshot link.

https://imgur.com/laWIufr

Notice the other games are functioning properly, yet ss13 is the only issue.
In response to Razr0109
Razr0109 wrote:
I'll work on the screenshot but when I checked my firewall what I could tell is that it's allowed. It had a green checkmark and was allowed from what I could tell.

That's the screenshot we're gonna need, because I don't think you're reading that screen right. Or, some other application is interfering other than the Windows firewall.

The lack of hub listings strongly suggests something is up with your pager's networking, and that also fits in with the fact that the pager isn't communicating with Dream Seeker.
Also here is a link showing other servers are listed perfectly fine

https://imgur.com/4LyyupQ

I'm working on something rn with a friend for the issue
Also here is a link of a screenshot of another game running fine

https://imgur.com/QFYhCp1
Page: 1 2