2011 0% (0)
2012 0% (0)
2013 1% (1)
2014 0% (0)
2015 0% (0)
2016 0% (0)
2017 and above 3% (2)

Login to vote.

I myself joined on Nov 30 2017 but I've known about BYOND because of SS13 and I found SS13 from other communities.
I joined originally in 2003/2004, I think, but that key was lost to the annals of time. A friend introduced me to BYOND through Mystic Journey when we went to his house for lunch in Grade 7.
2008 found BYOND after getting bored of other smaller engines that didn't involve code. Was using https://001gamecreator.com/ before they updated it I guess. Use to be worse than a BYOND game lol
Joined way back before 2004 I believe, my first key is no longer active so I can't say the exact time, but one previous key is from 2004 so I'd roughly estimate either 2002 or 2003.

I think the first game I played was Dragon Ball Zeta (Not the mass ripped version), was googling for online DB games and found that.
I joined sometime in 2007. This is my second key. Anyhow, found byond googling db games also.
I joined early in the 2000s with some faux-japanese sounding name that I already forgot.

I swapped to this key when I stopped playing anime games and wanted to make my own games.
March 2005... This key... Barely post here, but still lurking. Originally joined to play Dragon Ball Final Resurrection...
July 2002 as DarkHiei, courtesy of the original Dragon Ball Zeta.

I can basically thank BYOND for helping me develop as a dev in middle school, into a successful software engineering career.

I mostly stop by to occasionally lurk sometimes, and always enjoy seeing some of my old favorite Gurus of yore lurking about as well.
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
I can basically thank BYOND for helping me develop as a dev in middle school, into a successful software engineering career.

Same here. Pre-byond, I had no idea what I wanted to do outside of a vague interest in history/gaming, and by the time I hit college, I had a solid grasp of CS fundamentals and OOP design (along with a few bad habits I had to get beaten out of me)

Started off as a pre-teen making terrible rpgs and helping my friends improve their naruto rips, now I'm a big boy SE consultant
I am not sure the exact year, it may be in 2018-2020

I joined in October of 2001, officially. I had found the site a bit earlier than that, and was playing a few of the fan games on offer, but October is when I finally made an account and posted to the forums.

I was looking for a game making program to try out my hand at game design. I looked at the offerings at the time and thought DUNG was the best option. It was called DUNG back in the day. I think the name changed before I arrived, but it's been so long, I can't recall. I do remember the old website, and fun times playing Tanks and Hedgerow Hall, Incursion, Gazoot's board game. Foomer's game I ran for a while that I completely forgot the name of now. Chatters, that scorched Earth clone someone made I can't recall. The Sky is Falling was a personal fav. Oh, and the best game on BYOND ever. DBZ ULTRIMENT!

Good times. :)

Hiead wrote:
July 2002 as DarkHiei, courtesy of the original Dragon Ball Zeta.

Ah yes. I spent way too many hours in that game. Original Zeta, before the rips, was the place to be if you liked DBZ.
august 2005
Mar 27, 2009.

Was googling some DBZ games to play with my brothers, came across Heroes United. Also played some Bleach fangames, eventually decided to try my hand at learning what was under the hood.

The rest is history.
February 3rd 2005
Dec 15, 2001
November 26th/27th, 2003 with Dragonball Zeta being the first game I ever played.

Took me a while to get started with reverse engineering until being inspired by the PSP Homebrew scene.