Hazordhu

by F0lak
Hazordhu
Explore a vast open world full of dangers and wonders
ID:2675563

I'm really happy to share Hazordhu's first Post-Steam-Release update with everyone!

The last month has been a wild ride, and I want to say a very special thank you to everyone who has supported the game so far, especially the active community and loyal bug hunters! You guys Rock!

Before I throw the list of changes at you, I want to take a moment to mention the Discord, Website and Patreon page.

The Discord is the best place to stay connected with the rest of the community, and if you're interested in the Development side of things, or just want some conversation or need some live help with something, I'm almost always kicking around in The Workshop voice channel there. Just look around for me, and feel free to drop a mention!

The Website has a bunch of more frequent news and a forum that I use for hunting down and tracking bugs. It's also a great place to stay up to date with Development Blogs and get to know a bit more info about the game!

Lastly, a lot of people don't know this, but I'm a one-man team these days, with a bit of help from the community and the loyal supporters over on Patreon I'm able to keep the lights on at home and feed the little hazlings in my home! If you're interested and are able to support an indie developer like myself, then check out the different tiers and some of the behind-the-scenes content I upload exclusively for Patrons!

The Update

Alright, now that that's all out of the way, let's get into this newest update!! This special little update has been kicking around on the Mudhaven server for awhile while I've been eeking out some of the last bugs to be found in it. It's been in the works since Mid-March, so some of it's been getting worked on in the background since before the game had even been released. It also marks an important step forward to get to our first major update: Sea and Song. I'll keep it simple and summarize it, and anyone interested can take a gander at the exhaustive list of changes below.

TL;DR:

Lot's of bugs were fixed and a bit of balancing happened
Hazordhu has its first mini-dungeon (Let me know what you think!)
There is now a tutorial to show you the ropes
There was a bunch of polish, a few minor tweaks to some recipes, and a few new things added.

The Exhaustive List (in no particular order!):

- Added a tutorial
- Character Creation no longer randomizes future choices (ie: appearance) if you go back to change a past choice (ie heritage)
- Seasons have been fixed up to display changes properly. Prepare yourselves going into Shiverstide!
- Bandit and Flurm spawn amounts have been lowered to make the early game a bit easier
- Increased Ogham Stone spawn rates
- Non-carnivorous animals no longer attack other animals
- Instrument Volume is now controlled via SFX Volume
- Added Hide Straps, Leather Straps, Chains and Rivets as crafting materials
- Added mouse-drag images
- The arc for blocking has been increased from 45 degrees to 180 degrees.
- Attacking now has a slightly larger area of effect (It's easier to hit enemies)
- Added proper GUI for reading/writing signs
- Added some new VFX for water
- Added a message when attacked to prompt the player to toggle combat mode
- When a player enters combat they are now told how to attack and defend
- Defending now depletes Adrenaline until there is none left, then the player takes damage
- Added additional combat zone indicators for blocking and archery
- Fixed layering on farm plots
- Fixed a nasty bug where NPC's would stop spawning after a certain amount of time had elapsed
- Added a few new plants to the world
- Fixed a few ui bugs: Equipment, Inventory, Burners
- Added a few new recipes and items, used in the main story, and to show off your conquests!
- Animal damage now makes use of the core damage types that weapons do
- Resting/Idling no longer accrues hunger/thirst (So you can AFK and not die!)
- Changed sound file format to be smaller, this will help with a bit of latency on login as well as lower the overall filesize of the game substantially.
- Player-made Ogham Stones (prevents NPC Spawning) have been replaced with Cairns (graphical change only)

Let me know what you think over on Discord!

Happy Roleplaying!