Quarantine

by PaperClip Productions
Quarantine
Fight alone or with your friends against a never ending army of infected. Can you survive?
ID:2679719

v4.2 is now available for download and play! I had a major setback with my mapping procedures, and basically had to re-create all my maps from scratch. Which has held up most of my development time. I figured since I'm already going this far, I might as well take the time and flush out my ambient lighting.

Now, every map has its own custom, hand-drawn ambient lighting. While the map Infection Zero has a raining effect(with audio!). I'm very happy with how the exterior lighting effects and interior ambient lighting all blend together, but I'm sure in the future I'll be able to polish it up some more.

As such, individual player lights have been removed.
I have plans to add in a sort of "flare light" that players can throw in front of them to see better outside. But this has not been completely added in yet!

Players now have the option to Commit Suicide when they are downed by zombies by pressing the F key. This will cause an instant death and allow the player to respawn quicker.

With the improvements to in-game code, I was able to increase the max zombie count by almost 2x, as well as increase the total player count from 8 players to 10. I've also fixed some minor bugs I've came across while play testing, here's all the changes within v4.2:

CHANGED
- All maps updated
- Max zombie count increased to 60
- Max player count increased to 10

FIXED
- Round bugs
- Chat not removed when pressing Join button
- Buggy movement when online
- Zombie errors after player death
- Zombie movement smoothened
- Timer moving too fast
- Overlay issues

ADDED
- Suicide, press F to commit suicide while down.
- New lighting effects/Ambient lighting
- Weather effects- Rain added to Infection Zero

REMOVED
- Individual player lights removed