ID:2684727

This was another lost week.

It all started to go bad over the weekend with an extremely bad allergy attack. Sunday night I barely slept and through the entirety of Monday I was basically a zombie with a bad cough.

Then on Tuesday, I was getting back into the swing of things when this happened:

What you don't see in that image is a third utility pole on the corner behind the truck. That pole crashed all the way to the ground, transformer and all. I know this because I heard it fall, and I heard it because the truck in that photo is sitting right in front of my house. That big oak tree overhanging it is mine. In case you were wondering, no the driver was not supposed to bring a tractor trailer onto that street, nor was he supposed to be driving drunk and/or high. Fortunately the downed power lines didn't zap anyone.

So power was out basically all day Tuesday after that, until late that night, and then linesmen were still working well through dawn. Unfortunately that did not fix the cable. The cable company assured me Tuesday night they were still working on an outage. By Wednesday morning they said that had cleared, but there were still lines hanging off my house from the aforementioned third pole; apparently I wasn't alone in this because they had trucks all over the place. Cable wasn't restored until late Wednesday afternoon. At that point I had a number of configurations I needed to change because the outage messed some things up. At this point it was also hellishly hot upstairs and the day was pretty much shot already.

Which takes us to Thursday. By then I knew the week was screwed. I still have testing I need to get to and I wasn't ready to jump right into a release, and today was out because of the Friday curse. So instead I've been looking into a lot of miscellany. I think I have some other really good ideas for optimization in future releases, and although they're not relevant now they will be in the future.

So... sorry about that. It was that kind of week.

Still, I want to thank all the BYOND Members and other donors who've helped support the platform. Even when not much is visibly getting done I'm still doing whatever I can behind the scenes.

Next week: the world ends. Probably. But if it doesn't I'm gonna push to finally get that release out.