ID:268510

Whenever I download my demo, it runs the game... I want it to open up files. x_X I don't want it to run the game unless the user clicks "run"... You'll be creditted in the credits.
Hell Ramen wrote:
Whenever I download my demo, it runs the game... I want it to open up files. x_X I don't want it to run the game unless the user clicks "run"... You'll be creditted in the credits.

Then you need to upload your demo as a demo, not as a game. Your hub entry was made as a game.

However, as a new programmer to BYOND you shouldn't really be publishing demos at this point. Too many newbies do this, and their work isn't any good--because they don't have the programming practices needed to make a good demo yet. It's better to work on proofs of concept yourself, building a demo of sorts for your own use only, and hash out the code with more experienced programmers.

In this case, there are already good admin demos and libraries out there. I'm not sure I see the point of making a demo for one now.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Hell Ramen wrote:

Then you need to upload your demo as a demo, not as a game. Your hub entry was made as a game.

However, as a new programmer to BYOND you shouldn't really be publishing demos at this point. Too many newbies do this, and their work isn't any good--because they don't have the programming practices needed to make a good demo yet. It's better to work on proofs of concept yourself, building a demo of sorts for your own use only, and hash out the code with more experienced programmers.

In this case, there are already good admin demos and libraries out there. I'm not sure I see the point of making a demo for one now.

Lummox JR
Okay, I won't... >_< Seeing as I am too stupid at coding...
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:
Okay, I won't... >_< Seeing as I am too stupid at coding...

I wouldn't say stupid; I definitely didn't mean to imply that, either.

However your code to date has shown that you're not ready to be putting out demos yet. I'm sure as you advance you will be.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Yes, but that's what I think of me as... x_X I'm defintely not an average coder...
In response to Hell Ramen
Just keep practicing - it does not happen overnight. I have been into computer programming for over a decade, yet I am still improving. You have to start somewhere, and even after a lot of practice there are still things to learn.