ID:268610

I've been toying with codes and stuff and made a(nother) Icon Chatting game with a Chao Theme. (http://games.byond.com/hub/GoldDean/ChaoChatterz)

I recently configured my router to accept game hosting. In that time, others were allowed to play my game. It was semi-popular so I continued working on it.

However, after an update, BYOND began to refuse running my game. Whether from my online host OR from my computer. I cannot even get it to run while trying to test the program.

Can anyone help me with my dilemma?

If you would like the code so you can look into it, Page me (Gold Dean), AIM me (Deany Kong) or MSNM me (DeanyKGold).
I can host it just fine.Did you update your firewall or get one?Mabe that or you mest with your host options.does it say anything when u try to host it?
In response to CodingSkillz2
Also do not give your coding away unless you trust them.Or it's one of the oldies here like....lummox jr or some one thats been here for awhile.
In response to CodingSkillz2
I don't have a firewall active. I know for a fact. And it only started denying my request last night. It was working alright yesterday afternoon. Nothing happens when I try to start a game. And I can play AND host other games just fine. I've been hosting Hamtaro II for about 5 hours now, actually.
In response to Gold Dean
hmmm........this sounds familiar.....all i can say is double check your settings..
It's working now. I uninstalled it from my hub and re-started. I guess the files it was looking at that were already there were corrupt or something. However, it still refuses to run the program from Dream Maker...
In response to Gold Dean
Do you get an error message saying something like the application can't be run?

If so, you may need to reinstall BYOND. You can probably do this over the top of your existing install without problems. Just back up anything important in the BYOND folder (like any games you're working on), just to be safe.
In response to Crispy
It says the classic:

Welcome BYOND! (Version 340.870)
Connecting to file://C:\Program Files\BYOND\Chao Chatterz\Chao Chatterz.dmb.
Looking for some action? Check out the hub.
Pager on.

But doesn't run the program. It also displays the adress of the previous game I entered at the bottom above the command box.