ID:2687227

Finally, finally I managed to get that release out. Of course, I knew it was gonna have some issues and so far it hasn't disappointed in that department. Or it has, depending on how you look at it.

I'm still in the process of gathering test cases and waiting for people to post more, but assuming everyone comes through and I have time to work on it, I want to get a release out as soon as possible—which means during this long holiday weekend. Ideally I'd like to get 514.1556 out Saturday, but everything depends on those test cases.

But once the bug stuff is out of the way I have to get more particle work done, and I want to get 514 wrapped up as soon as I can. Overall things are looking good; I just have to figure out how to do certain things I'm gonna want particles to support without them becoming a nuisance.

So the time for last-minute particle requests is now. And if you have any feature ideas for 515, bring 'em on.

Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND this month. The Members and Patrons and such really make all this possible.

But now, it's time to enjoy the real beginning of summer! Sure most of the weekend is gonna suck weather-wise, but Memorial Day looks like it's gonna be good. Probably no proper parades again this year, but hey, it's grill season. At least it is for most people. I'm working on it.
Compile to exe
Compile 2 Exe
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Compile 2 Exe

compile to apk so i can click spacemen on the toilet at 7 fps
Built in UPnP support
Fade-in for particles? Currently you can fade them out but if you want to fade them in you need to use alpha on color and it's a bit unintuitive.

I think you mentioned you were working on having particles be left behind from the object that created them so it can move around without pulling the particles with it.

In response to Bravo1
Fade-in is already on my to-do list.
515 opensource webclient
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
515 opensource webclient

April fools
Great work! Really looking forward to that compile to exe feature. Working on a few things steam would like and I know BYOND needs revenue. Help us help YOU lummox!!
In response to Evi of au
Evi of au wrote:
Help us help YOU lummox!!

In response to Evi of au
Evi of au wrote:
Great work! Really looking forward to that compile to exe feature.

I didn't mention such a feature. The usual people trying to push for it did. They keep bringing it up but without an implementation path that makes sense.
Oh, I assumed it was close. How are games being released on steam currently?
In response to Evi of au
Just to clarify, it's already possible to compile a game to .exe format by downloading the BYONDExe tool. The tool does not function unless you specifically ask Lummox for a key to enable it, though.

The tool has a bit of a learning curve to use. The (or, most) BYOND games that have been released on Steam have used this tool.

What the usual suspects are asking for is a direct way to instantly compile their projects to .exe format, without requiring the workaround or the learning curve associated with the BYONDExe tool.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
What the usual suspects are asking for is a direct way to instantly compile their projects to .exe format, without requiring the workaround or the learning curve associated with the BYONDExe tool.

My Man
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
My Man

I'm completely with you, btw. I just have no idea how it could be implemented in a way that Lummox would agree with. If you could theorycraft a way that's acceptable, I'm sure he would go through with it. He's already interested, which is great.
Acceptable in a sense of dollars or Acceptable as in there's a challenge with implementation?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
They keep bringing it up but without an implementation path that makes sense.

I mean, there isn't anything left to be proposed. I think we covered it all. If not, here it goes:

What do you need to go ahead with this? What is the criteria needed to solve this?

Is the problem the ads? The compile to exe we are proposing can come with the ads. That is a step further anyhow. Iirc you've said before that this was feasible.

Further down the line, I think it would be a good idea for members to be able to pay so that in their games, their users don't have to watch ads or wait for the 30 seconds delay. The value can be thought up by what the ad income is + some more because it doesn't incentivise people to buy membership.

That's it... for me at least. There isn't much to it.
In response to NSBR
NSBR wrote:
Further down the line, I think it would be a good idea for members to be able to pay so that in their games, their users don't have to watch ads or wait for the 30 seconds delay. [...]

There's a feature request related to this. I'm all for it.
Page: 1 2