ID:2689470

(See the best response by Johan411.)
i have my icons in a folder i am trying to make it where i can put them on the map now is there a way i can add all the icons from the folder a once so i can start placing them on the map or do i have to add them one by one

Best response
If you have multiple icon states in one dmi file you can right click the atom in the map editor after it's selected and press generate by icon states.
In response to Johan411
alright but I have multiple dmi files an I was wondering if I had to add them individually
there may be an option under edit instance on the map editor to set a different icon, can't say for sure, I'm not at a computer at the moment.
In response to Johan411
Johan411 wrote:
there may be an option under edit instance on the map editor to set a different icon, can't say for sure, I'm not at a computer at the moment.

If you create a new instance of a type, you can change its properties in the instance editor. This can be tedious, but you can then generate from icon_states after. Be aware that any instances created this way that are not in an included DMM file will not be kept after compilation.

You can also hard-code the icons in a code file by defining a new type.

turf
some_turf
icon = 'herpderp.dmi'
some_other_turf
icon = 'herpyderpy.dmi'

After you compile, you will have access to these new children of /turf.

Be aware that the map editor is also just a specialized .dm file, which means you can edit it manually in a text editor so long as you follow the format. If you want to do manual prototype declarations, you can write a quick tool to generate a custom DMM palette file that contains the relevant icon files as new instances. If you only include this file when you are editing your map, it will allow you access to any instances you create without risk of losing them.
https://imgur.com/a/siuoWdJ he means that a code that would like me see all those tiles in the object box I dont know how to code too. that's the pic for it
Grave, those are icon files. The things in the object list are atoms. You have to define atoms (turfs, objs, etc.) like Ter demonstrated. You can give them an icon corresponding to one of your files, and also an icon_state representing a single state in the file if it has more than one (e.g., different building pieces, different types of flowers).