ID:2689723

Resolved
The new client eye syncing behaved incorrectly in certain cases. This is actually two bugs, one of which is on the client and the other on the server. For a complete fix the server must also be updated.
BYOND Version:514.1553
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 91.0.4472.77
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
since the gliding info changes when EDGE_PERSPECTIVE kicks in it does some janky things to the camera

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
include client perspective = EDGE_PERSPECTIVE somewhere in your project and have a map big enough to have the camera move

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
camera smoothly stops at edge of the map

Actual Results:
camera jank

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
I need a test case for this.
There is more to this issue; I use EDGE_PERSPECTIVE in 1554 just fine.
There appear to be two separate issues in play here. One of them is that the server-side handling of the new sync stuff is incorrect when a viewport length is even, so in the demo you sent, moving toward the right edge and back causes some weird jumping.

There's another issue related to diagonal movement near the edges, though. I thought I'd managed to quash that in past versions but apparently not, so that's gonna need more intensive testing.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The new client eye syncing behaved incorrectly in certain cases. This is actually two bugs, one of which is on the client and the other on the server. For a complete fix the server must also be updated.