ID:2690452

Descriptive Problem Summary: On the BYOND program, I have my game and hosted server listed within the tab, but I have noticed an unusual occurrence where sometimes the game would disappear while I am hosting it, but more often, I would find players vanishing off the list while they are still on and playing on the server. I am not sure what causes this or why this happens, but it sort of makes it difficult to get players to join when they can't see people actually on the game. I have amazing internet with no packet loss, and the server is properly port-forwarded, so there should be absolutely no problems on my end.

UPDATE: Going to the BYOND website shows that the hosted is running, but with no players on it, while I myself am currently playing on it. While the BYOND client itself shows no hosted game being ran at all. This just puzzles me even more.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Host server, watch the hosted game on BYOND and watch players disappear from the server listing, and sometimes the server itself disappears only to come back at some random point. Below shows an image of the listing, and despite myself playing on the server and the server running properly, it has vanished from the Hub.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: While hosting the server, it should remain on the hub for as long as it is being hosted, with all the players being listed.

Actual Results: Randomly, the hosted game keeps disappearing from the listing. And sometimes the game will remain listed, but players will randomly disappear from the list.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Randomly through the whole time it is being hosted.
In other games? Have not tested.
In other user accounts? Happens with other people as well who play on the game, as they have commented on the game sometimes disappearing from the list and/or players vanishing from the listing as well.
On other computers? This is shown to happen with other computers.

When does the problem NOT occur? It is not always consistent, but I have not seen it stop acting up.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) I have not tried yet, but I suspect it shouldn't be a problem.

Workarounds: None.

Moved to BYOND Help. Issues with games occasionally disappearing from the hub are either hub problems I've never been able to successfully pin down, or more often a problem with the server losing contact with the hub.

There's really nothing in this I can investigate.
No worries. I have been trying to pin down what exactly is causing it myself, but I have been overly unsuccessful. I'll just leave this open in case anyone else gets ideas.