ID:269056

I hope thats a good title to get anyone's attention and/or gives off the right idea about whats been bugging me.

Basically.. I've tried to play with several turn/combat libraries and check out various sources trying to find some sort of reference for what I want - which I didn't. :P (Several attempts to code it myself, never got results)

I want something simple, maybe if someone could either explain (or an example would be great, something to start me off, motivate me) that would provide lets say.. a Join1 verb. When they join, they're put into a list and are then listed in the "Contestants" list. (This can be displayed a varaity of ways, I'll worry about that later)

When the Tournament starts, every player in the Tournament will RANDOMLY select someone else in the tournament to attack (besides themselves) - The order that each player attacks is random, based on a stat later on..

EG, ab, cd, ef, gh, ij, kl, mn enter the tournanment

Tournament begins -- Round 1 (Ran automatically/by verb)
cd attacks ef, 5 dmg
gh attacks ab, 12 dmg
ij attacks ef, 9 dmg, ef is knocked out!
ab attacks ij, 11 dmg
ef is already unconscious
kl attacks gh, 2 dmg

I know I'm PROBABLY explaining how it should be coded to myself, but I'm just confused on certain bits of it. Maybe its my lack of coding abilities (which arn't so rusty, just nothing magnificent) - Also, I just want this to be flexible at the same time. So I can customize it by letting players later provide their own decisions as to what they'd like to do.

If anyone could enlighten me on how I could approach this, it would be much much appreciated.