ID:2691647

i was trying to figure out how to host a game on byond i had went to my firewall and opened a port but it kept saying players wouldnt be able to reach it , another question would be am i able to host a game with wifi or i have to have it hooked up to my router ?
You need to open the port on the Router. (This may be your issue)

You can host wired or through Wifi. Of course wired will give you better results all around.
The term you need here is port forwarding.

Basically you have to tell your router that for a certain system you're using, you want all traffic from port 12345 (for example) to go to that computer. You only need to forward TCP traffic for BYOND; BYOND doesn't use UDP.

If possible, you also want to give your computer a static IP address on your end of the router. E.g., if the router assigns your computer to 192.168.0.157, it might assign 192.168.0.161 a different time. To help with that, you can tell your router to reserve a specific IP address for your computer's MAC address (the identifier of its network adapter, which takes a form like AF-92-3B-02-88-19). Then the port forwarding doesn't have to be changed when your computer reconnects to the router; it will just stay active.